Heavy rain helped clear grass clumps

I had to cut my lawn early yesterday while it was still wet from all the recent rain. The grass was too heavy to use the mulching (no discharge chute) feature on my self-propelled mower, so I put on the discharge chute. Over and over again, the discharge chute would partially clog and then finally clear, leaving large clumps of cut grass all over the yard. I had resigned myself to having to rake the clumps out today. After about 0.6 inches of heavy downpours last night, I woke up to see that virtually all of the clumps had been broken apart by the heavy rain, and I have no more than a half dozen clumps that need attention There are some rewards in this workl after all.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Just a happy coincidence I guess. Usually, no matter how heavy the rain, it just soaks the clumps, and they start to rot and damage the grass underneath. I always end up with yellow patches of dead grass under those, more so after any kind of rain.

Reply to
passerby

3-

I walked the yard with a regular lawn rake, and using the backside of the rake went sideways thru any clumps that I saw breaking them into tiny clumps that won't do any damage. Took me about 5 minues to do a

100' x 200' lot, minus house and driveway.
Reply to
hrhofmann

This is reason number 4 that I moved from your area ... we have no grass to cut! Everything is natural, so to speak.

Reply to
Art Todesco

1a43-

And it is much easier to hide stills in tall grass than in a manicured lawn.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I have to carry on the family business. My dad was a bootlegger (delivery guy) during prohibition. Before and after, he ran a legal bar business.

Reply to
Art Todesco