Heavy rain helped clear grass clumps

I had to cut my lawn early yesterday while it was still wet from all the recent rain. The grass was too heavy to use the mulching (no discharge chute) feature on my self-propelled mower, so I put on the discharge chute. Over and over again, the discharge chute would partially clog and then finally clear, leaving large clumps of cut grass all over the yard. I had resigned myself to having to rake the clumps out today. After about 0.6 inches of heavy downpours last night, I woke up to see that virtually all of the clumps had been broken apart by the heavy rain, and I have no more than a half dozen clumps that need attention There are some rewards in this workl after all.
replying to snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net , passerby wrote:

Just a happy coincidence I guess. Usually, no matter how heavy the rain, it just soaks the clumps, and they start to rot and damage the grass underneath. I always end up with yellow patches of dead grass under those, more so after any kind of rain.

I walked the yard with a regular lawn rake, and using the backside of the rake went sideways thru any clumps that I saw breaking them into tiny clumps that won't do any damage. Took me about 5 minues to do a 100' x 200' lot, minus house and driveway.
On 6/13/2013 6:45 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

to cut! Everything is natural, so to speak.

And it is much easier to hide stills in tall grass than in a manicured lawn<g>.
On 6/15/2013 6:27 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

(delivery guy) during prohibition. Before and after, he ran a legal bar business.