Heavy blankets on top or on bottom in bed to keep warm?

Page 2 of 2
On 2016-01-01 12:22 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If she isn't you are doing it wrong.
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 05:25:15 -0000 (UTC), "E. Robinson"

I don't think it matters, so you should decide based on other factors. Maybe you could do me a favor. Figure out why you feel warmer the moment you put an additional blanket on, even though there has been not enough time for any heat to build up. When you know the answer to that, let me know, and it might help you answer your quesiton too.
On 12/31/15 1:28 AM, Micky wrote:

The added weight triggers an anticipatory "now I'm warm" response?
--
With all this “gun control” talk, I haven’t heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists— just from law

Have you noticed it too?
E. Robinson wrote:

Two best things for our bed. Sheep skin mattress cover from New Zealand, Quilted heavy blanket made with pure silk fabric as a blanket from China.(very light weight and feel soft/warm) Both collected during our traveling days.
On 12/31/2015 12:25 AM, E. Robinson wrote:

If a man speaks in the woods and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Did he actually say anything?If there is a woman around if he even THINKS something he's wrong.

GF says he is still wrong, men can not be right........
On 12/31/2015 12:25 AM, E. Robinson wrote:

Flannel bed set will eliminate the need for all the heavy stuff. Flannel will eliminate that first cold sensation when you enter the bed, thus, no concerns about a blanket on the bottom. If you need a bit more warmth, add a comforter on top.
On 12/31/2015 8:06 AM, Meanie wrote:

After a couple of washings we did not care for the flannel so much. Maybe it was not the best set. We bought a set of Jersey sheets and like them better. So much that we bought two more sets of them.
On 12/31/2015 12:25 AM, E. Robinson wrote:

You and your girlfriend need to sleep in separate apartment, so you are less likely to fornicate and enter into condemnation in the sight of God.
The two of you set up your own beds the way you each want, and there is no need for discussion.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/31/2015 8:49 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Separate apartments is a little extreme (though not to be completely ignored if she's a PITA), but the idea of two twin beds next to each other could be a possibility. That is of course, you both need that togetherness when sleeping. Each could have their own set of sheets yet still maintain a one bed sense. It will also help apply a center line when the fight ensues about who's on whose side.
On 12/31/2015 8:57 AM, Meanie wrote:

After my wife had surgery I bought her a power adjustable bed. We liked it so much we ditched the king size, bought another and now have them side by side. No fighting for the covers in the middle of the night and reading or TV is more comfortable.
On 12/31/2015 12:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

A testimonial. It can save many marriages.
Stormin Mormon wrote: "apartment, so you are less likely to fornicate and enter into condemnation in the sight of God.
The two of you set up your own beds the way you each want, and there is no need for discussion. "
I'm a born-Again, yet the last thing I do is tell others how to live their lives, as long as they are not harming others, or have the potential to.
"Learn more about Jesus - then PRAY that others will come to know Him just as intimately"

I agree. OTOH, I'm inclined to think Chris was being a bit tongue in cheek because everyone expects him to respond like a "mormon" might respond, so he obliges them with a bit of twinkle in his eyes while doing it.
--
Maggie

A regular mattress is a natural insulator - no need for blankets between it and your body. Plenty of internal openings between the layers of padding and the springs. sheet/blankets/comforter on top it is!
I on the other hand am so sensitive to drafts/temp differential, if one foot is uncovered in bed, even in JULY, I am positively shivering. So when changing the sheets I make sure that end is super tucked in, even if there's 6 inches less covers up at my head.
On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 05:25:15 -0000 (UTC), "E. Robinson"
That's correct.
E. Robinson posted for all of us...

Are you capable of laying on top of her and warming her up?
--
Tekkie