Heavy blankets on top or on bottom in bed to keep warm?

I'd not be so quick to throw in the towel (or blanket, as the case may be? :> )

My wife and I had very different sleeping preferences -- she wanting to be toasty warm, me wanting to be very cool. So, we settled on a cool bedroom with heavy/fluffy blankets that she'd keep to her side of the bed; I'd sleep under a bedsheet or without any covers.

Tougher problem to address was mattress/pillow firmness; I increasingly liked harder/firmer mattresses/pillows while she liked things soft and fluffy. Of course, over time, the bed erred in her favor due to natural "wear"...

I'm now very comfortable sleeping on the *floor*. Purchasing a new bed (on the list for 2016) is always a hassle as no one likes beds as firm as I do so no one MAKES beds as firm as I'd *like*! :<

Reply to
Don Y

Sounds like twin beds is the answer. Don't disregard them and think you will be far apart. You put them next to each other and it is just like a king bed where you can cuddle together all night.

If you like to read or watch TV in bed consider one of the adjustable beds as if is as comfortable as sitting in a recliner

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

SWMBO and I sleep in separate bedrooms. Our schedules and sleeping preferences are too dissimilar to make sharing a bed feasible. I prefer things cooler, firmer, etc. And, I'm often *going* to bed just about the time she is crawling *out* of bed! Keeping our own rooms ("domains") makes things a lot easier and pleasant for both of us! :>

*If* I make it *into* the bed before falling asleep, about the only thing I've got energy left to do is fall asleep. :> Hopefully, I've not left a pot of water boiling on the stove, back door unlocked, lights on in the house, etc. before doing so! :<
Reply to
Don Y

How long have you been married? 30 year maybe?

Reply to
Muggles

GF says he is still wrong, men can not be right........

Reply to
bob haller

Who said I was married?

Reply to
Don Y

You've mentioned SWMBO many times. As far as I know that refers to a wife, and it's logical to conclude that it couldn't be just a girl friend because what man in his right mind would go to such great lengths as to "obey" a girlfriend? :)

Reply to
Muggles

The 'O' in SWMBO is a tongue-in-cheek reference. You don't really think we feel like "she" MUST be "obeyed", do you?

Silly girl... :>

Reply to
Don Y

It may be tongue-in-cheek, but there's probably more elements of fact to the statement than most men will EVER admit to. :)

Reply to
Muggles

And, the same DOESN'T apply to women??

Reply to
Don Y

My wife is my girlfriend.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I've never seen "HWMBO" (HE who must be obeyed).

Reply to
Muggles

You must be a real romantic!

Reply to
Muggles

Because every woman alrady *knows* that?? :>

Reply to
Don Y

If she isn't you are doing it wrong.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

HAHAAHA! You're so funny!

Reply to
Muggles

E. Robinson posted for all of us...

Are you capable of laying on top of her and warming her up?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Changing the subject! She's got you. No one would call a girlfriend swmbo.

Reply to
Micky

Unless your wife is also your girlfriend, as it is in my case.

Reply to
DerbyDad03