Heavy bag in the basement?

Page 3 of 4

They had them at a ren fest I was at in Florida a few years back. Made out of resin, but done up to look like varnished bone. Pretty creepy shit. --Don-- The beatings will continue until morale improves.
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:40:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com (Don Wagner) wrote:

Creepier shit - there was a store in Toronto in the 80's that sold actual human skulls n' stuff (earrings made of phalanges, a walking stick with the grip made out of a trochanter). Most of the skulls were just... skulls, but there was one piece that just made me sad - a child's skull made into an inkwell, with the most gorgeous silver fittings.
Badger Jones www.youngforest.ca

I used a Tibetan skull cup for a cereal bowl for a while- and have a pair of chopsticks made from human bone still.
Chas

Since when was that a relevant criterion?
Anyway, got to go now. Chthulhu gets cranky if I don't sacrifice by midnight, and you do *not* want to see him when he's cranky.
--
Rob. http://www.mis.coventry.ac.uk/~mtx014 /

Atheism.
Fraser
I met a very devout atheist. Went nowhere every week. Kept working on not praying, and he payed a zero tithe. Tried to keep from reading scriptures, and didn't have any commandments to live.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I can't remember meeting you.
Fraser

not
scriptures,
Dude ! like I totally remember jim, he was like totally the guy with the bad haircut and dodgy black suit, we pointed and laughed at! Just ask him? I'll bet that's a really really good description of him... >;- Ted
--
Evil is such a negative term........
I prefer differently moraled.

Atheism is NOT a religion, it is living a life without the need for such superstitiions. That said, I find religion fascinating and study it a good deal. It's interesting to learn what makes people behave in such strange ways. Kind of like studying abnormal psychology.

Amen!
--
It's me, Baker!

When the Chips are Down,
Kind of like studying abnormal psychology.
abnormal psychology
Oxymoron?....................Or would it be "normal psycholgy" That's the oxymoron?
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB

Which part of what religions don't make sense?
--
Wayne
"Aka Dobbie the House Elf."
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:31:32 +0000, Wayne Dobson wrote:

For me, the 'God' bit, mostly.
--
Karim Rashad <remove SPAMFREE: krashad at SPAMorbisFREEuk dot com>

Hehehe... Get back to your primordial soup! Heathen! Hehehe...
--
Wayne
"Aka Dobbie the House Elf."

Most parts of all of them.
/Jacob
(Shuurai) wrote:

Well, for any believing Christian, the spiritual side of Mormonism is plenty hard to take, once you know what the Mormon Church actually teaches. Here's a sample:
"The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's." http://scriptures.lds.org/dc/130/22#22
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 21:57:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Once upon a consulting assignment I ended up parked at the Glasgow Marriott, In idleness I picked up the copy of the Book of Mormon that was where the Gideon Bible should have been. Having read through a selection of chapters I concluded that the Monty Python team had bundled up all the stuff that was just to silly to go into "The Life of Brian" and sent it back via a time portal. It even made the Koran look sensible.

Now think of the fact that much of our FBI is made up of Mormons; much of the USSecret Service, USMarshals and so on. They control a strip of land running from Arizona to Idaho, and you cross it at your peril. They hate you. I mean, they actively sit around and hate you- think up shit to do to you, do it when they can. There were some terrible and unjustified things done to them, and they haven't forgotten it at all. They are the basis for the survivalist movement; for the militia movement; for the separatist movement. They are a huge religious commune that acts in the corporate and political world as well. I married into the religion; took instruction, lived/live amongst them- weirdest white folks you ever met, and thinkin' about you all the time.
Chas
wrote

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm **purses lips.... adds "Mormon Conspiracy Theory" to long list of Chas-isms***

They're like a picture in a book for you, aren't they? So far, I'm the only one in the conversation that has actual experience with them, or fifty years of dealing with them. I married into a Pioneer Family; a fundamentalist polygamous enclave. I got to sit in the Gentile Seat on the Mormon Train a long time ago.
Chas