Heavy bag in the basement?

You don't pay attention much, do you? She was supposed to have got pregnant while they were engaged, but not yet married. Yes, I know there are simpler explanations than 'God did it', but you could at least get the mythology you're rejecting correct.

Reply to
Robert Low

"Fraser Johnston" wrote

They are the craziest white people on the face of the earth. The only thing you can hope for is that they don't come after *you*. I married into a fundamentalist, polygamous family (they have some of the most beautiful women in the world), and have been around Saints much of my life. After dealing with Mormons, the Taliban is no trouble at all.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

You'd have fun. It's very laidback and casual but the stickfighting is pretty intense.

;-) It's funny, but after seeing the SP episode I looked into the Mormons again (did a comparitive religion assignment in high school but I was pretty wasted at the time). SP was pretty much on the money for the whole thing.

From the Mormons I've met they are fairly normal folks, but 2nd hand stories make them out to be crazier then shithouse rats.

--Don-- The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Reply to
Don Wagner

"Don Wagner" wrote

Mormons hate you; actively. They treat one another pretty well, but gentiles are fair game all round. They take halachic/jesuitical 'logic' to new heights, and that's when they bother to mask their hatred at all. You kinda can't blame them- the early years must have been a horrorshow. They have a strange social organization- kinda like Amish, but with guns ;-) The whole 'survivalist/militia' thing comes out of the Mormon Lands. They've lived like that for a hundred and fifty years.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

Hey, I know all about Mormons, too. I read "Riders of the Purple Sage". Looks like not much has changed...

Reply to
Robert Low

I did some searching on the net as well after seeing that episode. It was pretty interesting. Dum dum dum.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

The best way to attach it is to use 3 attachment points. This effectively lowers the pivot point and the bag doesn't swing as much.

Reply to
John

This might also help with the stress on the structure, and maybe the rattling:

(or
if that link gets broken. Never tried these so don't know if it will just bob up and down or not, esp. with a 100-150 lb bag.

Reply to
TG

anyone says he knows "all about" seldom does.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hey, Riders of the Purple Sage is an eternal classic!

/* Insert standard whinge about top-posting here. */

Reply to
Robert Low

The mild sarcasm of the statement below was sort of lost on you, wasn't it? ;-)

Reply to
Karim Rashad

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

It's sufficient to know enough.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

"Karim Rashad" wrote

And that's unusual- they're generally so jolly.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

LOL, you have a point. A tautological one maybe, but a point nonetheless.

/Jacob

Reply to
Jacob Andersen

"Jacob Andersen" wrote

If they revere the angel Moroni, why aren't they called Mor..... oh; nevermind.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

Something "reality shoes" have shown. The bullshit factor. The more someone talks about working hard, the less they work. Words are not actions. But some people as they weasle into machiavellian cushy jobs, can do nothing but propogandize with pep rally talk about "tradition", old world values ("...i swore on my fathers deathbed....", "my dad always used to say"). It may work on boyfriends, girlfriends, or blue collar workers, but not everyones stupid.

snipped-for-privacy@mail.hongkong.com

Reply to
ordosclan

I used to work with a Mormon, and he let me borrow some books that explained the religion and their version of history. I was amazed that anyone could actually believe this stuff. Not so much the spiritual side, but the historical...

It makes just slightly less sense than scientology.

Reply to
Shuurai

So, now you think it implausible that the Amerindians are the lost tribes of Israel? But I've seen video evidence that it's true. Well, OK, it was Blazing Saddles, but it was on video.

Reply to
Robert Low

Name any religion that makes any sense.

Reply to
willshak

I'm pretty down with Taoism and by Crom I will have your skull as my drinking bowl if you anger me! ;-0