Heavy bag in the basement?

Page 2 of 4

wrote

I have to come train where you do. Sounds like my kind of place. For the record I learnt everything I needed to know about the Mormon religon watching Southpark. It is almost as crazy as the whole immaculate conception thing. Tell me that Mary and Joseph, who were married, never had sex and then gave birth to a son. Even 2000 years ago if they didn't have pre-martial sex the first thing when you got married was to have sex until you dropped. Either that or Joseph must of had calluses like a brickie from tugging himself.
Fraser

You don't pay attention much, do you? She was supposed to have got pregnant while they were engaged, but not yet married. Yes, I know there are simpler explanations than 'God did it', but you could at least get the mythology you're rejecting correct.
--
Rob. http://www.mis.coventry.ac.uk/~mtx014 /

They are the craziest white people on the face of the earth. The only thing you can hope for is that they don't come after *you*. I married into a fundamentalist, polygamous family (they have some of the most beautiful women in the world), and have been around Saints much of my life. After dealing with Mormons, the Taliban is no trouble at all.
Chas

You'd have fun. It's very laidback and casual but the stickfighting is pretty intense.

;-) It's funny, but after seeing the SP episode I looked into the Mormons again (did a comparitive religion assignment in high school but I was pretty wasted at the time). SP was pretty much on the money for the whole thing.
From the Mormons I've met they are fairly normal folks, but 2nd hand stories make them out to be crazier then shithouse rats. --Don-- The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Mormons hate you; actively. They treat one another pretty well, but gentiles are fair game all round. They take halachic/jesuitical 'logic' to new heights, and that's when they bother to mask their hatred at all. You kinda can't blame them- the early years must have been a horrorshow. They have a strange social organization- kinda like Amish, but with guns ;-) The whole 'survivalist/militia' thing comes out of the Mormon Lands. They've lived like that for a hundred and fifty years.
Chas

Hey, I know all about Mormons, too. I read "Riders of the Purple Sage". Looks like not much has changed...
--
Rob. http://www.mis.coventry.ac.uk/~mtx014 /

anyone says he knows "all about" seldom does.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Hey, Riders of the Purple Sage is an eternal classic!
/* Insert standard whinge about top-posting here. */

--
Rob. http://www.mis.coventry.ac.uk/~mtx014 /

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:21:09 +0000, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The mild sarcasm of the statement below was sort of lost on you, wasn't it? ;-)

--
Karim Rashad <remove SPAMFREE: krashad at SPAMorbisFREEuk dot com>

And that's unusual- they're generally so jolly.
Chas
Yep. Went right over the top of my head.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It's sufficient to know enough.
Chas
wrote

LOL, you have a point. A tautological one maybe, but a point nonetheless.
/Jacob

If they revere the angel Moroni, why aren't they called Mor..... oh; nevermind.
Chas

I used to work with a Mormon, and he let me borrow some books that explained the religion and their version of history. I was amazed that anyone could actually believe this stuff. Not so much the spiritual side, but the historical...
It makes just slightly less sense than scientology.

So, now you think it implausible that the Amerindians are the lost tribes of Israel? But I've seen video evidence that it's true. Well, OK, it was Blazing Saddles, but it was on video.
--
Rob. http://www.mis.coventry.ac.uk/~mtx014 /

Shuurai wrote:

Name any religion that makes any sense.

I'm pretty down with Taoism and by Crom I will have your skull as my drinking bowl if you anger me! ;-0 --Don-- The beatings will continue until morale improves.
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 21:29:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com (Don Wagner) wrote:

That would make a lovely gift for any occasion.
Badger Jones www.youngforest.ca