Heatmor outdoor boiler

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0246918

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0260936

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0268641

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0275632

I agree that drying the wood will save some money. But the boilers are rated at 100,000 BTU, which is less than half of the energy released from the wood. If the wood is not combusted, then it is going out of the stack in the form of gases and particulates. I sure would like to know what kind of smoke to expect.

Reply to
FBWNDR

Is the unit EPA certified? That would be a good indication. If it isn't, it is likely to be pretty dirty. Otherwise, they would get the certification.

Reply to
Bob F

We have used a heatmor for years--low maintenance--add wood in morning and at night. We have a big drafty farm house and it keeps it much warmer than our propane furnace. I don't know square footage or BTU's--but I love the heat from this furnace--has definitely paid off for us--as long as you don 't mind cutting and splitting alot of wood! We have had minimal repairs-- patched the bladder, replaced a switch and now a water pump after 8 years o f use. No smoke in the house--much safer than the wood burning furnace we had in the basement prior to that.

Reply to
limbertk

wood in morning and at night. We have a big drafty farm house and it keeps it much warmer than our propane furnace. I don't know square footage or BTU's--but I love the heat from this furnace--has definitely paid off for us--as long as you don't mind cutting and splitting alot of wood! We have had minimal repairs--patched the bladder, replaced a switch and now a water pump after 8 years of use. No smoke in the house--much safer than the wood burning furnace we had in the basement prior to that.

Wonder if the guy from two and a half years ago ever got it figured out?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

a buddy had one said it worked well till one day his wife decided to burn trash in it. unfortunately trash included some canned food that exploded when burned and wrecked to burner.

later his wife was out shopping, and going into the store with her mother heard a accident crash.

they saw the old guy who hit the parked car go by but didnt get the license number they decided to mind their own business.

upon leaving they found the car the old guy hit was theirs.......

she stupidly told her husband. he was NOT HAPPY1

Reply to
bob haller