Heating water with Oil

Page 2 of 2

wrote in message

Well, what is IT? I don't know how else to describe my boiler.
wrote inmessage

to 130.
If you actually have a steam boiler, you don't have a thermostat on the system. You will have a pressurestat or a vaporstat.

OK. The device I adjusted had such a range. So domestic water is the water that is heated for use in duties such as laundry. I guess I can say, a stand alone water heater would also be a source of domestic water. Tempering Valve - A valve used to mix heated water with cold in a heating system to provide a desired water temperature for end use.
Yes, the radiators are not filled with water. There are valves on the radiators, piping and an emergency valve sticking out of the boiler. (A. vaporstat is a very accurate pressure sensor ... ) I don't which would be "the vaporstat," but that I don't think I need to know about with regard to my initial question.
I guess there could be some cost savings by setting the tempering valve to a lower temperature, because less heated water would be needed to heat the domestic water.

Correct. Domestic or potable water is kept separate from the heating water.

knob are not guaranteed to be accurate and that tempering valves can go bad adn stop working.

PSI. A pressurestat measures pressures higher than that.