heating system question

I just bought a condo, and I noticed the heating system for the condo does not generate a lot of heat. Therefore the condo is not very warm. Does anyone know some of the causes behind this. Thanks

Reply to
rogv24

What kind of heating system you have? Hot air? Electric?

Reply to
Mikepier

Since we've apparently decided to take this post seriously, I'd like to point out that, within normal limits, the amount of heat a system puts out affect how LONG it takes to get warm, not how warm it gets eventually. If the living space is cold, turn the thermostat up.

Reply to
Goedjn

Buddy; You need to be specific on what type of system. In any case since its a condo, dont you pay a monthly fee? Does it cover the HVAC system???

Tom

Reply to
tksirius

Yes!!!

Reply to
RBM

Another excellent example of the dumbing down of our nation's public school education system.

Especially when it comes to teaching students how to write a question with enough information included to elicit some useful answers.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

You can ask the seller to fix it. As a new owner, you have certain rights ... exercise them!

Reply to
Charles Schuler

What do your neighbors say? What have they done? Do you or the association own the HVAC system? Who pays the utility bills? Who is responsible for the maintenance and replacement of the HVAC system?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Turn up the thermostat.

Why do people always blame the schools?

Isn't that something one should maybe know instinctively, or at least learn from watching others? When someone gets a question without enough information, doesn't he realize he needs to put info in his own questions?

Reply to
mm

Because a major portion of our local property taxes pays for that public schooling, from around $3k to over $10K per year per student depending on location, and in a lot of places the overiding theme seems to be "Keep moving them up through the grades, whether or not they learned what they should, just so we can get them out of the system and keep the costs in check."

Sure, some parents aren't doing all they could either to teach their kids to value education and whack em verbally if they screw up in school, but those parents aren't as easy a target for me to aim at.

(You got a point there Judge.)*

Maybe the OP is just a slow learner then....

But to be charitable, maybe he/she is one of those folks, like my dear wife, who knows near zero about thermodynamics and the mechanics of heating systems. That's frequently exemplified by their quite common misconception that the place will get warmer "faster" if they push the thermostat setpoint up as far as it can go, maybe to 90 degrees. And then they forget that they did that until the candles start drooping over.

Jeff

  • From The Kingston Trio's "Bad Man's Blunder"
Jeff Wisnia