heating : pipes making noise

I have oil heat, that sends hot water through the pipes upstairs to heat the house through the heat registars.. And i always have a hard time sleeping because the pipes make that creaking/knocking/pounding type sound.. I cant tell if its just the pipes making that sound or because it is expanding against the sheetrock.. Is there anyway to reduce or eliminate this sound? i just moved into this house a few months ago..

thanks mike

Reply to
mike

You could try bleeding the air out of your system. Also, you can install an air separator that will remove air in your pipes on a constant basis. I installed one and no noises.

Reply to
houseslave

Hello.. Could you tell me how to bleed the air out..is that hard to do...or should i just get the separator..I never heard of an air seperator..

I came up with this search result on overture :

, but i dont know if those are what i need..

any info would be much appreciated..

thanks mike

Reply to
mike