Heating options for Infloor Radiant System

Hello, I'm researching my alternite options for the house I'm building (or

Reply to
Rob Sullivan

The subject line says options for Radiant. The body says you want alternate options. Alternate to what? Radiant? How about a clear message?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sorry, My main post must have gotten cut off..

--------------------------- Hello, I'm researching my alternite options for the house I'm building (or paying the contractor to build) for the in floor radiant heat system. I am newbie to this so please be gentil.

The house is already built to frame and it is built totally with concret foam. The house comes with Infloor radiant heating. THe heat source they were going to use to heat the hot water for it was going to be oil. I didn't want oil because i was going to have to lease the furnace and then you have the recuring oil fillups and such. I've been trying to descide what type of heat source to use to heat the hot water. AS far as I understand I have 3 options eleectric boiler (which the contracter told me would cost 4600$), ETS, and heat pump.

A couple of my initial questions are:

  1. is 4600$ (canadian) fair for a nelectric boiler system as a heat source for the radiant heating?
  2. Is the ETS system or heat pupm systems that much better as heat sources to justify the extra money they would cost.
  3. Is all the heating over kill a moot-point because its a concret foam house (also with all lowE windows) and the insolation will be great.

Some background information: I live in Nova Scotia Canada, so it gets cold but not toooooo cold.

Also any feed back you can give me would be appriciated I am learning and I am a sponge. Thanks in Advance, Rob Sullivan

Reply to
Rob Sullivan

What about Nat gas or propane. Your cost of energy can only be determined by you and what each form of energy costs. For me electric is

3x the cost of nat gas. Find your costs of each and use the cheapest. Gas boilers run from 80 to 99% efficient, electric is 100% efficient. You have alot of choosing to do. A real heating pro would be your best bet as he knows what works for your area.
Reply to
m Ransley

Unfortunitly we don't have access to natural gas even though we pump it to Mane. So as i understand (or from what my builder tells me), its oil or heat pupm or electic or ETS.

Thanks for the info...

Reply to
Rob Sullivan

Sure you can get Propane

Reply to
m Ransley

I've heard propane is and expensive heat source..

Reply to
Rob Sullivan

Tell me more about this. Is it like the Integraspec cystem?

Any options to buy? In the states leasing is rare.

Electric is very efficient, but in our area, the most expensive to operate. YOu may want to chech further. I understan Hyro is cheap in Canada compared t here.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You say Propane is expensive, did you run the numbers your self , NO. Did you get a heating pro out , I dought it., Because everything is for sale, not just Lease as you claim. Wake up , call a few pros out and do your homework. Then post back. But get a few bids on all options, even GSHP

Reply to
m Ransley

Then again, you cannot spell.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Who cares Nick avec merde

Reply to
m Ransley

Then again Nick avec Shit - you ad Zero to your crAP POSTS .. Which equal 99% of what you say== merde== bobura==shit==bosura=crapola=poo=junka=ec

Reply to
m Ransley

You are correct, I have not done enough research. I read in a white paper about propane heat being more expensive then oil and electirc.

I am definitly calling a heating pro first thing Monday, I just wanted to see if anyone in this group had any ideas or comments about infloor heating source heat options.

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
Rob Sullivan

Yes it is built the in the Integraspec system. It looks termendous. It bring the cost of building up by around 5%, but I it should be worth it in the heating savings. The frame is already built, its quite neat to be inside and look around and not see wood expect for the studs.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Sullivan

Thanks. The panels were probably made in my plant.If so, there is a sticker on each panel, the top will be 01 on the left, the date on the bottom. We ship a lot of product to Nova Scotia for them. IMO, they are one of the best ICF (Insulating Concrete Forms) systems around as they have many options and take much effort to have a quality product.. Take pictures. I'd like to see how it goes.

You'll save a bundle of energy cost over the years.

For anyone interested, it is

that we are talking about.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski