Heating Core

How much is it for a new heating Core for a hot tub? Is there any that you would recommend? The tub is about 10 years old (guessing) I just bought a new pump and it works..... but its not heating up. Someone told me it would have been best just to buy a new hot tub. They said that things on it were going to continue to break. Any ideas?? I spent $190 for parts and the pump was $180. I also had to lay concrete which was about $200. Could I have got a new one?? I looked before and the cheapest I found was about $1100. I must be looking in the wrong places.

Reply to
Jessica W

Assuming the hot tub is in good physical shape there isn't any need to buy a completely new one. Almost all of the external parts are easily replaceable.

If the heater isn't leaking then it is likely that you have a bad heating element.

Travis Jordan

any that you

just bought a

me it would

on it were

and the pump

Could I have got

$1100. I must

Check whether voltage is being delivered to the heating element. If so, the problem is most likely that element. It should be a pretty cheap part if you can get the element out. Do a google search for the manufacturer/model of heater and you might find replacements.

Bob

Reply to
Bob