Heating & Cooling A Single Room

Greetings,
I need to heat and cool a very small room that is going to be built from part of my single car garage. The room is for reloading ammunition and will also serve as my arsenol so the temperatrue must remain constant year round. The room will be no more than 250 sq ft (and that might be pushing it).
My original plan was to install a window/wall air conditioner for summer and to use an oil space heater or an electric wall heater for winter. Is there a better option? Is there such a thing as a window/wall air conditioner that also heats in the winter?
The garage is a stand alone building so running a duct from the house is not an option.
Thanks,
Aaron
Greetings,
I need to heat and cool a very small room that is going to be built from part of my single car garage. The room is for reloading ammunition and will also serve as my arsenol so the temperatrue must remain constant year round. The room will be no more than 250 sq ft (and that might be pushing it).
My original plan was to install a window/wall air conditioner for summer and to use an oil space heater or an electric wall heater for winter. Is there a better option? Is there such a thing as a window/wall air conditioner that also heats in the winter?
The garage is a stand alone building so running a duct from the house is not an option.
Thanks,
Aaron

Yes, they exist. They are often used in screen rooms that are added on.

ammunition
that
for
on.
And in motel rooms...
Ideal heat for this would be to build a raised floor with insulation below it and run hot water tubing below the finish floor. You could mount the heat boiler either in the room or out in the garage. Cooling by std window ac should be easy. Good luck, RW
ArrowJ wrote:

Thanks a lot, especially for the links. Sanyo or GE should do the job great.
...No, I wouldn't keep my ammo with an open flame either. I'm talking about the oil filled space heaters that are electric and look like radiators.
Thanks again!
Aaron

get a window/thru the wall heat pump
Like in a motel.
oil space heater and ammo, ya like that is a good idea. Just me being overly sensitive. I just could not sleep with a flame or flame source near the ammo. All of my stuff is locked inside of a fire/explosion rated safe.

http://www.sanyo.com/industrial/HVAC/PTAC_PTHP / Greg
Get a GE Zoneline for that authentic motel feeling.
http://www.geappliances.com/zoneline /
On 15 Dec 2005 12:48:31 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Yes. They are used in motels all the time.
And some small businesses.