heating and humidy challenge

I practice yoga quite a lot. However during winter I practically have to stop the practice because where we live its too dry and cold. I tried electric heaters but there was not enough heat output and the dryness was still a problem. I also tried a high output ultrasonic humidifier and this works reasonalby well although as the humidity increased the relative temperature decreased!! Also the problem with ultrasonic humidifiers is that the air gets suspended with water droplets which at high concentrations is probably not so good for items in the room.

I am now thinking of getting a garage style propage/gas blower heater (basically a cylinder with a fan and gas feed). These throw out about 10kw and as they burn gas, the output should be CO2 and H2O vapour. A typical electric heater will release 2KW and so I am guessing that with the gas heater I can get the temp to about 35°C (95F) which is what I want. Without drying the room.

Now all of these heaters come with a warning that they should only be used outdoors or in well ventilated areas. However I expect that I will only have to use it for about 15 minutes to warm up the room and then I can turn it off. My questions are:

  1. do these heaters do a good job of burning the gas completely or am I likely to have problems with carbon monoxide etc?
  2. are there any good devices for measuring carbon monoxide etc?
  3. am I right in thinking that the humidity will increase as well due to the release of H2O?

My estimated costs of using gas is about 1usd per hour which is a lot cheaper then electricity too.

Thanks.

Reply to
Redphan

Ah, that explains your stupidity - American.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

You just explained your stupidity. The OP translated to USD, but originates from the UK Check the message as it is from @postmaster.co.uk hahahahahah, idiot

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Personally I have better things to do with my time than look up someone's IP/email address. Get a life - it was a joke.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

You took the time to reply to this so evidently you don't have better things to do.

When caught they always say "it was a joke".

I have a life. It is to nit pick on newsgroups.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski