Heath zenith motion lights won't work at night..help

i noticed last week that one set of motion lights on my house wasn't working at night. The other set was working perfectly in the back yard. the lights work in test mode but don't work when it gets dark. i'm a little stumped..i have the settings properly set.. i think. I read on the company's website something about "light interference" and they recommended using black electrical tape over the the photocell to see if helps the problem. What piece is the photocell? are the sensor and the photocell the same thing? I wasn't sure if i was taping over the photocell or the motion sensor or are they the same thing...little help over here..thanks
The photocell is behind a small window on the bottom of the unit. If you put tape over it, it would tend to come on during the day. It sounds like the pcell has gone bad

i forgot to mention that the red light on the motion detector does blink when someone walks past it...but somehow it's not making it go off
The blinking LED means the detector sees you, and when in test mode, it turns the lights on for a short time interval, but when the photo cell dies, it doesn't complete the circuit to allow the lights to come on when dark. Replace the unit

This is just my opinion based on experience. Anything made by Heath/Zenith is junk. Also they do not stand behind their products. I have had several dissatisfactory products from them, and they will not stand behind their junk. Avoid them !!!
On 4 Mar 2007 16:31:14 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

so what are some good lights then?
I have been installing motion detectors since Colorado Electro Optics invented the things, like thirty years ago ( the originals cost $400 and what a piece of crap it was). I have had less problems with the H-Z models than all others combined, except for the considerably lesser quality models sold at big box stores. They apparently manufacture this really cheap model specifically for these stores. www.graingers.com has the better models