Heater won't kick on

Forced air heater. Electric pilot light glows and the i hear a click below, but no gas and no flame.
Just had the heater cleaned and looked at and they said the sensor was dirty. Now, only 2 weeks later, same problem.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'm gonna guess it's a thermocouple, you can get them at Home Depot etc, but I don't know much about forced air, just gas and oil furnaces http://toad.net/~jsmeenen/flamesensor.html http://www.fixitclub.com/Heating_Cooling/Gas_Furnace.shtml maybe someone else will chime in.
Good luck Clark...
--
Don\'t you have Google in your part of the world?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

rwalley;
either the gas valve or the control board isn't telling the gas valve to open.
Call your local HVAC repair guy to come back out, and repair it. Tell 'em your cold and he was just there less than 30 days ago. At the very least, he should discount the visit.
--
Zyp

Zyp
Best response. Thanks. I put a can of air to the circuits and turned on and off the gas, It is working today. We'll see.
Now that you've inflated the circuit board to 35 PSI, lets hope it stays fixed.
If that's the gas valve opening when it clicks, seems that it should ignite. The glow is good, that's likely to be the hot surface ignitor.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

OK, dumb idea I guess. But I thought it just may have been dust.
Still not working.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

did you try testing the themocouple? worst case you spend $20.00 at the hardware store.
2631-3481 Thermocouple 24" Thermocouple senses pilot light and closes gas valve if none sensed. Used in most all furnaces with a pilot light except those with a sparker. Replaces 2631-347, 2631-3471, 2631-348 & 026-34038-000. Your price $14.74.
with a gas boiler it has been the fix every time except when the pigtail is clogged. Try this link too. http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/articlefurnace.htm
Clark
--
Don\'t you have Google in your part of the world?

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:30:04 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

what is the make/model/year of the furnace? is there any LED's flashing on the control board? do you have the manual for the furnace?