Heater upgrade/lining a chimney

Hey everyone, here's my dilemna

I have an old gas-on-gas stove in my apartment that is my only source of heat. I've been told my model, an old Magee, is about 35,000 BTU's on the heat side. The last couple years the stove/heater has sprung leak after leak. I just want it replaced.

Unfortunately, I live in Massachusetts. I'm not allowed to go with a vent -free room heater. And my gas line is on an interior wall so going direct-vent is likewise not an option. Even if I moved the gas line, I don't have a single place in the perimeter where I could get the vent the required

6' from a window (1000 sq. ft apartment, 17 windows). So that leaves me with a more expensive vented replacement heater with a separate stove. Which brings the problem that my chimney isn't lined. I see some of the DIY liner kits in the $500-$700 range.

Does anyone have experience with any particular liners that would work well? Any brands I should stay away from?

Any input would be great.

Thanks,

Chad

Reply to
dave

Hello I don't understand your problem

why can't you just use a vent sleeve.. it's a double layered vent pipe...

a cut-away view would look like an O inside an o

hmmm? WHATCHASAY?

Reply to
chili palmer