heater thermostat moving

Hi, all I have thermostat control and fireplace in my living room. When fireplace used, thermostat did not turning on, because of heat from fireplace, and upper floor are cold. I want to move thermostat control to another room the same floor. Does it possible, any restrictions or rules about it?

Reply to
Ed

Put it on an inside wall as opposed to an outside wall so it is more reflective of actual temperature. Move or extend the wires as needed, hooking them up to the same terminals. Avoid drafts, direct sun and any other thing that will affect the actual temperature in that spot as compared to the rooms you want to control.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This is Turtle.

Edwin Said it all.