Heater Sizing

hundreds, but close. They involved heaters manufactured between 2000 and

2007. It involved a gasket replacement and gas pressure adjustment. That number represents a small portion of the total number of heaters out there. They are sealed combustion, direct vent units. You might thinking of unvented units. I don't like installing them. I try to discourage people from installing them.
Reply to
Tom Lachance

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see multiple gas or oil units being smart. It's one 280 sqft room. Just get one that's sized to heat the room from being cold when unoccupied to 65F in a reasonable time, say 30 mins to an hour? With electric, being easier to install, no service, cheap, etc, then I could see using multiple units, primarily if it's desirable to heat the whole space more evenly. But for a shop, maybe all he really cares about, at least for quick heat up, is one area around a workbench, etc. In which case one electric could be fine.

Reply to
trader4