Heater Mystery Blues

My mother has a 1500 watt oil-filled heater that has been working pretty well for a couple of years until first one power switch disappeared, then sometime later the second switch disappeared.
There was no bang, no shorting, no arcing, no nothing to indicate what happened, but both rocker switches has disappeared from out of their sockets and not even pieces of them could be found. Does anybody know what happened or ever hear of such a thing happening before?
Ron
-- "My life is a Testament to all the things I can do-- when I don't listen to other people."
-- "My life is a Testament to all the things I can do-- when I don't listen to other people."

The whole switch? Someone is stealing them.

This is silly.
Ron Hubbard posted for all of us....

--
Tekkie