heated driveway

Page 2 of 2

re: Possibly a friend might be able to help, at least get more ideas.
Not sure why you would suggest he ask "*a* friend" when he just essentially asked hundreds (thousands?) by posting his question here.
You might consider a spell check. I don't know what the HELL you are saying.

Steap is something you do with a tea bag on a hill Toubing is a tube made from exotic imported material Cannections is the name of his recycling bin for those metal food containers
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

union.

.
Well at least he can piss away his money heating the great outdoors, I wish I could aford heating my indoors
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:40:08 -0800 (PST), ransley
message

Why heat the great outdoors in a trailer park, ransley? You do like to dream though, dont you? Bubba

m...
You drinkin again bubbass, what no customers during the day of heating season turn ons, Or are you on drugs again, well at least you confrim yr an asshole, I wonder how many potential clients stay away from heating guys with the name Bubba.

Groundwater.
Nick
On Nov 13, 5:04am, snipped-for-privacy@ece.villanova.edu wrote:

Interesting idea. With a well, you'd have water at about 50 deg, right? Certainly not as much heat as water flowing from a boiler, but with sufficient volume, I wonder if it would work? I'm sure you could pump quite a bit of well water for less than the cost of the fuel to run a boiler.
On Nov 13, 7:00am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

It depends on where he is, where I am frost level is about 3ft down and - 22f at a max, 50f water might not make it before it froze.I think hiring a kid with a shovel has to be cheaper.

around here few kids will shovel, and those who do want a fortune, after my slip and fall accident i tried to hire some to shovel my 12 by 50 foot front flat driveway. with 3 inches of snow kids averaged 60 to 75 bucks, nice soft lightweight snow. a guy with a plow wanted 125 bucks.heard later kids quote 1/2 of plow cost
if initially installed properly the underside of thje slab is insulated with foam, so heat is directed upwards.
this is the ideal use for a dedicated tankless water heater, filled with anti freeze and circulated by a pump.
ask some neighbors, if theres is heated they may be able to refer someone.
no doubt the person being foreclosed upon soldf everything of value they could in the home.
around here they strip all the copper water lines and sometimes even the wire. homes look likew a bomb hit afterward.
scrap prices have dropped a lot,
Check with a plumbing company which does steam heating. If it is a closed system and the water gets above boiling, steam will be created and there could be an explosion! Need a high temperature / high pressure relief valve.
Then you might want some sort of anti-freeze solution in the pipes in case you choose to leave it off. But you would not want this solution flowing back into your house water supply!
And pipes leak. Would need to keep it full of water/fluid. Need an indicator to see how much water is in system.
Heated water/fluid expands when it heats. Need an expansion tank.
You can heat with solar, swimming pool heater, multiple electric water heaters, natural gas/oil boilers, or wood burning "OWB" boiler.
Then need a pump to circulate the warm/hot water.
"TJ" wrote in message

Why would it get above boiling? Home heating systems reach 180 and a high limit switch turns off the burner. Same thing with an indirect fired water heater and glycol. You set the desired temperature on an aquastat.
Expansion, yes; explosion, no.

Water can get above boiling if you have a do-it-yourself job and a product like the following which is a coil which goes into a woodstove... http://www.hilkoil.com/product.htm

These systems run anti-freeze, not water. Get it done properly or the tubing will burst, I heat my garage floor with water and never had a freeze up, but a driveway would have to be on glycol. A neighbor down the street has a heated driveway, he still has to shovel so I'm not so sure they are worth it in the upper midwest. But maybe in the lower midwest they would be just the ticket.