Heat shrink alternative when tube won't work...

Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.
i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?
Thanks

There is no cheap fix without resplicing the wires with heat shrink in place.
Now you can get a pour rubber covering to put the wires in the plastic open case and then mix up the rubber compound to pour in the plastic form to insulate all the wires or just one at a time. Now these kits sell for about $20.00 a each and may not be worth it.
TURTLE
blueman, 7/24/2005, 10:38:09 PM, wrote:

Electrical tape? How about resplicing it with shrink tubing already in place? Can you slide shrink tubing from one of the other ends?
--
"I miss. I miss. I miss. I make."
Seve Ballesteros describing his four-putt at Augusta\'s No. 16 in 1988.

How about heat shrink tape?
http://snipurl.com/gh8p
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

There's heat shrink tubing that has adhesive on the inside walls. I suppose you could cut that type of tubing and wrap it around the wire and try to seal it that way.

There is a rubber type liquid that comes in a can you dip tool handles into to make an insulated covering for. After dipping you pull the tool handle out and let the excess drip off back into the can and then let it dry. Maybe you could separate the wires and dip them into this. Do not know how much it will insulate though. You'd have to find the product and read the properties on the can label. It should be easy to find on the net with a little searching or maybe even at one of the box stores. Chuck
http://shrinkit-inc.com/Shrink-wrap-heat-tape.htm
http://www.hobbytool.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdIDD4
http://www.electronicplus.com/content/ProductPage.asp?maincat=WA&subcat=WSH
http://shrink-film.com/tools/shrinktape.htm
cheers Bob

Its available at Home Depot and Lowes. It's called Plasti-Dip. It will take a couple of coats to decently insulate an electrical joint,especially if there are sharp points on it.
Heat-shrinkable tape is also available,but I don't know where it's sold. Maybe Radio Shack,or Graingers.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

blueman posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

google aye? Still on your meds?
--

Tekkie

Can you spell asshole? What a dumbass! The purpose of this group is to find answers to questions that are not easily found elsewhere. If I knew to Google for the answer (seems like "silicon tape") then obviously I wouldn't have to ask here.
I guess being an unemployed and uneducated asshole gives you a lot of time and motive to contribute useless posts.
writes:

Umm, ignore it and it'll go away. I plan to ignore you after tonite too as a matter of fact.
blueman posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

conditions as everyone else's being the same... Gee and I even gave you a modicum of respect but you bluejob that too. Fight back with self destructive and your usual bipolar behaviour. I thought your meds had you under control. Uh oh, full moon.
If anyone is familiar with bluejob here he is a mentally challenged person that cannot form a rational thought and consequentially input that into a search engine such as Google where it has been answered previously. He blurts out the most basic questions on these groups expecting everyone to immediately answer him with his predetermined thoughts. Any challenge is taken as a personal insult. In other words if he doesn't think your answer fits in his scheme of things he blasts you. He has previously bombarded my email with crass and illegal messages. I turned the other cheek and thought I was getting him help from the local mental health professionals that he needs to combat his bipolar illness.
Pop try to help this individual. Do your own search under his many alias' such this bluejob - jeffey kozowlski or something. perhaps he will listen to you.
--

Tekkie

YAWN... Do you really have nothing better to do with your time than to write this psychotic drivel... TROLL

I have challenged you before to produce these alleged "crass and illegal" emails... but of course what doesn't exist can't be produced.
blueman posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

hey Jeffy figure out Google yet? Maybe get some info on those meds.
--

Tekkie

For those of you unaware of Tekie's total inability to contribute anything useful to the newsgroup, allow me (and excuse me for) reposting the last 7 or so UNEDITED FULL POSTINGS by Tekkie. What a waste of bandwidth!
Only to each other... --
It is: so google it groups.google.com
You are welcome!
--

Tekkie

writes:

And so is your post. There's two names I won't bother to read now instead of just the one.
Pop