Heat resistant plywood

Hi,
Is there such thing as heat resistant plywood?
I have a wall that I want to finish in plywood and the put a wall heater on it.
Many thanks in advance.
Aaron
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 01:22:55 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude

Use whatever plywood you want. Mount backer board with air space between heater and wall. It will be safer and give you a little more convection of the heated air.
Jim
Aaron Fude wrote:

Wood is wood. _______________

What do the heater specs say about standoff?
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Aaron Fude wrote:

The first thing to do is consult the installation spec for your unspecified type of heater.

In most jurisdictions (1) You may be obliged to conform to the fire safety code. You may also need a building permit. (2) Your household insurance agent wants to know about this sort of thing (and your insurance may be denied if you fail to inform him.)
A single visit to the municipal building permits office may answer most of your questions. My local office gave me (free) copies of the dozen pages of the fire code that concerned my installation. These included lists of acceptable building materials, clearances (minimum gaps between hot components and combustiblel walls) etc.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

It seems to hold up well burning in a fire when I have burnt it.
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 01:22:55 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude

No. Gypsum is better than plywood, sheet metal better yet.

Concrete board would transfer, dissapate heat and and maybe be code.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/heat-resistant-plywood-365938-.htm BrunaRibeiro wrote:
ransley wrote:

Concrete board would transfer, dissipate heat and and maybe be code. Yeah, on the guitar just place during the ironing. It's always been like that and it always will in all likelihood remain be that way, too