Heat Pump Lockout Temp

My wife and I got new HVAC (dual fuel: heat pump + furnace) system back
in July. Now that it's getting cold in Northern Virginia, I'm wondering if I should make any adjustments to the settings. Specifically, the control unit has a cold-lockout temperature for the heat pump. This is the outdoor temperature below which the system will
bypass the heat pump and go directly to the furnace for heat.
So the question is, what (if anything) should I set it to? Is there some sort of rule of thumb?
The heat pump is a Carrier Infinity 17 with an HSPF of 9.5. I looked through all my documentation but didn't find any sort of efficiency graph. I read somewhere that they're sometimes on the unit, itself, perhaps inside the service door.
If anyone has some wisdom to share, I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks in advance, Bill Woessner
Up here in Pa., we set ours at 40 degrees, that seems to work out ok here...Andy

My local co-op electric company (about an hour south of you) says to set them at 35 degrees for the "most economical operation".. Whenever we install them, we set them at 40 and have never had a customer complaint.
BTW, nice system (Infinity)....
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I live in Oklahoma and I have mine set to 36. I have had mine for 9 years and that seems to work pretty good.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired