Heat pump heat strip retrofit

My Bryant 3.5 ton heat pump did not come with electrical heat strips. The guy cheaped out. I want to have some added. Any ballpark guesses as to how much this would cost? I'm gonna call him in a week or two when I'm back at that location, but for now just asking what if ....

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Looks like you should have chosen the most reputable hvac company to install it properly instead of having your buddy do it for $100 and a

12 pack of beer. If you want to know cost, call a reputable hvac company and they will be able to tell you exactly. Bubba
Reply to
Bubba

Is it tough to be a genius, Bubba? The house was like this when I bought it. This is the first winter in it. As I said in my post, which you obviously didn't read, I'm going to check with my hvac contractor when I get back. Just seeing if anyone can give me some guesses in the meantime.

With a name like Bubba, you must be a hvac guy. Am I right?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You'll have to run a new circuit to the unit large enough to handle the heat strip package You're looking at up to one grand, depending upon several factors.

Reply to
hvacrmedic

Thanks for the heads up. A friend of mine will do the electrical, so that will give me a break there. Will check with the hvac guy when I get home. I was figuring about that.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Again with the cheapo work. A "friend" will do the electrical??? And you expect me to believe that the house came that way without electric heat in the air handler? I say you had a friend do it. You got what you paid for. Now you are going to have a "friend" do the electrical. Here's a novel idea. Try hiring an electrician. Better yet, A good hvac company can handle both. Then have your local inspection to make sure all is well and you will be in a warm and safe home. Nahh, thats silly. Just be a stupid tight ass and have it all hacked in. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba