Heat Pump Filters

Since I can't find the right filter size, can I get a couple of filters and stack them? Or does that impede air flow? Thanks.
-------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 2, 12:39 pm, kstarkwa_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (kstarkwa) wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem if the surface area is the same and the filter medium is similar. However, if you you keep lookng a source for the right size is likely out there.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 2, 1:39 pm, kstarkwa_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (kstarkwa) wrote:

It seems thickness is your issue. Probably uses fanfold filter.
Add pictures here
✖
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Heat-Pump-Filters-618885-.htm kstarkwa wrote: Yes, the old one is 5\" so can I use two 2\" and one 1\"?
zek wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:39:52 +0000, kstarkwa_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (kstarkwa) wrote Re Heat Pump Filters:

If you mean stack them adjacent to each other so the overlap slightly, then yes you can do that. I've been doing it for 25 years.

✖