Heat Pump condenser fan stop/start...

When my heat pump comes on the outside condenser fan will initially run for 30 seconds then it will shut off. Once the blades stop spinning it will start up again. Then it will shut off after 20 seconds. This cycle keeps repeating. What would cause the fan for the condenser to stop and start repeatedly?
Thanks for the help.
On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 04:23:36 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Ok, Im going to leave this one alone. Lets hear it ransley. Whats up with this one? Bubba

Im no heat pro, Ive told you that 100 times, I never installed a heat unit but I think I changed a thermocuple on a furnace, a pump on a boiler, and lots of vents, I put in a few water heaters. But its just like you, you brag your a 30yr pro and dont help this poor old fella, go back to althvac, I guess you really dont know the answer mr 30yr pro.
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 05:58:53 -0800 (PST), ransley

Exactly as I thought. Havent a clue, eh ransley? Hey ransley, tell me this: Why would I tell someone how to exactly repair their unit on the internet when I do that everyday and get paid for it? Doenst make a whole lot of sense. Think of this: I live in a relatively small town (30,000?) What do you think would happen if all of a sudden some retired guy from this business got on the internet and started telling everyone in my city how to repair/replace their units and he did it all for free? News would spread like wild fire and he would be busy as hell. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me as someone in the trade. You arent too bright, are you? On the other hand I do have a PayPal account and would be happy to give expert advice for a fee. (Not you though, ransley. I know you are a tightass). Bubba

The point of the group is helping, and learning. You could have help this guy in the same time you posted. Maybe he was your neighbor and you didnt know it. If it was all about money you would not be here at all.
On Feb 2, 7:23�am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I am no expert like the other guys :-), but it sounds like something is overheating. If you know anything about electric, dis-connect the wires that go to the compressor, make sure they aren't touching anything, then turn the pump on and see if it does the same thing. If it doesn't, tehn your pump is probably shot because the bi-metalic cut- off switch is activating/deactivating power. If it still coninues to re-cycle, get out your meter and trace it down.
Hank <~~~just talks a good game....really don't know shit about it