Heat problems in the basement

Hi All, I have a ranch in MA. The basement is finished and heated with suspended ceiling installed. The problem is that the heating system control is located on the main level, thus the heat raises up from the basement leaving the basement extrimely cold (especially these cold days). I was thinking about insulating the basement ceiling or installing some new heat resistent ceiling tiles (in case such a thing does exist). Any pros/cons you can think of? Is any other solution available?
Tell us more about how your basement is "heated" It would appear that it is not properly heated, but it is hard to make suggestions without knowing anything about how it is heated. (Hotwater, forced air etc.)
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Well the heating is forced air. The ducts are located between the suspended ceiling and the main level floor thus blowing hot air down to the basement.
Was the original system sized with heating the basement in mind? Are there any air returns from the basement? Who designed the distribution for the basement?
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

I let my furnace fan run 24\7. This keeps a uniform temp both in the basement & upstairs.

That really does work. It also helps a great deal when dealing with humidity in the basement.
Ron