Heat Overload turns on Furnace Blower

Page 2 of 2

snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com wrote:

That's one of those claims that I want a cite before I believe it. And keep in mind: you made the claim, you provide the cite. In this case, an excerpt as I do not have the IBC or at least a URL to it.
Harry K

This is Turtle.
Awww Steve was tring to bullshit you will some dazzeling words and well just forget it as being true or not.
TURTLE
Harry K wrote:

So it's the higher setpoint that keeps it from kicking on rather than the moving air? :) hvacrmedic
You

Harry,
He can't set his AC temperature setting higher. He doesn't have AC and it is over 100 degrees in his house. I recommend he buys a window unit while some are still available and put it in his bedroom and spend all his time in the house there. And leave the power off to his furnace. 100 degree wind will not feel cool.
Stretch
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Why shut it off? It is a great aid to cooling the house even without A/C. Mine goes to ON as soon as the house begins to warm up (about noon) and stays on until bedtime (midnight). A/C kicks on much later that way. The fan itself is only a fractional horse motor so the cost is minimal, much less than running the A/C.
Harry K
I had that happen in my last trailer. Had those narrow slat windows, and I didn't have an AC.
Yep, those Klingons do get hot.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Klingons? Aren't those the things that hang on before you wipe your bottom?
And you wonder why most people think you're a hack....
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info