Heat loss from furnace via flue ?

Page 2 of 2

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Here, I googled it for you.
http://www.furnacecompare.com/faq/definitions/afue.html
"[...] The DOE's technical definition of AFUE is as follows:
The measure of seasonal or annual efficiency of a furnace or boiler. It takes into account the cyclic on/off operation and associated energy losses of the heating unit as it responds to changes in the load, which in turn is affected by changes in weather and occupant controls. "
Richard Perry
I will have to ask my friend who taught HVAC. He said more efficent is better, and likes 90+% variable speed furnaces, but did note going from my present 69 to 93 will NOT cut the gas bill by the percentage it appears. Have several friends who replaced their furnaces and noted exactly the same thing.
Bill went down but not as much as anticipated:(
heat pumps cost way more to operate than forced air gas
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Your gas bill isn't proportional to your gas usage. There are other charges besides the gas charge. Additionally, if you have other gas appliances, then you have to prorate your fuel usage accordingly. You can't just take the total bill and multiply by 24% to get the estimated energy savings for the new unit. Sorry, but it isn't that simple. :)

Not around here they don't.
Richard Perry