heat gunning...

I am removing paint off the woodwork in my 80 year old house.. I tried Soygel but it is such a freaking mess, espiecally when I am working on the bannister with a curved surface on the handrail.. scraping is a real PIA.. and a lot of stuff is left behind which I have to go back over and over it seems..
A friend at work told me about using a heatgun and how fast he did his window sills in his bathroom.. I went and got a cheap one.. I got it home, and wow.. I stripped off two coats of paint off of one side of a door frame in no time..
Now the fine print...
I am suspecting I have latex paint over lead paint.. when I work I have three fans running, one of which it an exhaust fan in a window.. they say to use the low setting if suspecting lead paint, but hardly works.. The high setting, and I am rolling along.. If I am wearing a particle mask/respirator, will I be ok? I HEPA vac when I am done (the carpet is going soon anyway)
I am gonna get one of those lead test kits from Lowes.. hell.. if it is negative, I will have been worrying for nothing..

whats Soygel, ladies facecream? get a real stripper if you want to use chemicals, a Marine stripper.
Chris wrote:

You're worrying for nothing anyway. Lead poses two principle dangers:
1. To children exposed for long periods, and 2. To goblins who get shot.
Like asbestos, the hazards are overblown. Common sense neatness should be appropriate.