Health of posters

I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about their screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here have such bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part of your scam to get on "disability" so you don't have to work anymore?

No wonder the U.S. is so f***ed up.

Reply to
Zaky Waky

Fucj you!

My work career spanned a total of 45 years, 40 of which was full time.

(That includes two years in the Army)

In the 38 years I spent on my job, I took a total of *two* sick days.

Finally my knees went and I had to get them replaced...but guess what?

You cannot get the operation unless you are in good health and I happen to be in excellent health. It was simply a matter of having lost most of the cartilage in my knees.

I was unable to perform my job functions after my knees were replaced so I qualified for Social Security disability. Since I was 63 I would have gotten Social Security anyway. I paid into it for 45 years and would have to live until I'm 109 to be collecting for 45 years.

When I turn 110 if you want to call me a free loader go ahead then.

so Fucj you!

Reply to
philo

Most of the folks mentioning ill health are either working, or trying to find work. So, no. It's not part of a scam.

Anyway, it's time for me to put on my prosthetic leg, brush my teeth (if I can find the glass where I left them), polish my eye glasses, put in my hearing aids, check the battery in my pacemaker, put a nitro under my tongue, take my vitamins, take my pain pills, see if my prostate will let me go wee, check my liver function, and then go shovel the driveway.

OTOH, my former friend Lenny was "disabled" but managed to buy cigarettes every day of the month by doing odd job repairs and yard work for the neighbors. Go figure.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Don't know, but I don't think rambling about one's health problems here on newsgroups would get "disability" benefit from the government or anyone else.

Reply to
panabiker

Most of the people posting here are age 50 and up. As we get old, we wear out. Don't worry, you'll get your chance.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

philo wrote in news:la91ph$ul8$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Army? As what? Some R.E.M.F. pushing toilet-paper requisitions in 'Nam?

Reply to
Zaky Waky

That's me. Way over 50. Never disabled but plenty of problems. Comes with the territory.

Reply to
Frank

Man to wife in restaurant: I just let a silent fart. Wife: You need to turn your hearing aid up.

Reply to
Metspitzer

my theory is that young people demand move in ready homes in pristine condition, but older people like ourselves, I will be 57 this month prefer fixing and repairing often DIY.

that may account for more folks here having health issues...

Reply to
bob haller

I was in air defense artillery along the Czechoslovakian border and drove a tracked missile launcher.

An asshole like you would never had made the grade.

philo

If you were running for office you'd want those votes. Besides you're wasting ur time worrying about it, as long as Ben and soon Yellen can keep selling gov't debt it's going to be someone Else's problem someday, we'll deal with it then, plan A, B, C, D... Worrying about the past and future to much only messes up today. Next election I expect more minutes on my Obama phone, and I'd better get them if Sen. Foghorn wants my vote.

Reply to
Fat-Dumb and Happy

This n.g. was once mainly for home repair discussions; now a lot of political garbage. Seems to me the need for home repair advice would not be for youngsters, but for people who own their homes. Home ownership is not something that happens the first year out of school. Then there is the acquisition of tools needed for various repairs. Those with enough experience to offer home repair advice would naturally be those who have fairly long experience, either at work or at home....so, yeah, we may be older and, very likely smarter and wiser, than the spammers who drop in to poop in Usenet.

Some of us have been using this newsgroup for a fairly long time, and have gotten acquainted enough to share things. I haven't seen anyone "bragging" about bad health....folks live long enough nowadays to encounter more serious health issues and survive them than was true not that many years ago. And some of the frequent posters are really smart when it comes to home repair, even if they are political nut cases :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Really? If all that is true, why are you so sensitive about it. Looks like someone hit a never...I call freeloader.

Reply to
Big Steel

Yes, most people have eaten themselves sick. Virtually *all* disease is caused by poor diet.

If people ate fresh organic non-GMO vegetables instead of slabs of animal fat/sugar/flour from Blubber King, they would not suffer all these illnesses.

But people would rather eat a McFatassBurger, McManBoob Fries, 32 oz Diet Coke and wash down their blood pressure/cholesterol pills with a 6-pack of beer.

While I personally don't care that most people look like a crippled-over egg with legs, I do object to paying *their* extraordinary ObamaCare tab.

Reply to
Slim

Gotcha, you are the fake Big Steel

Reply to
philo

I eat whatever I want. I'm 59 and in a lot better heath than most, but, I ride a bike daily for about 40 min, plus I have a pretty strenuous job.

I think most Americans are pretty lazy when it comes to exercise and the Usenet population is aging. A bad combination. I sort of agree with the OP. We should all get off of our asses and do something strenuous on a regular basis for *at least* 20 min a day. A lot of these health problems would magically go away. YMMV.

Reply to
gonjah

Coping with disabilities,

Fat-Dumb and Happy

...and get your nose checked.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Aside from all that, the OP, and several others recently, are obvious trolls and should just be ignored. If ignored they might actually disappear.

Reply to
bud--

Do you think the people who approve disablity claims care what is posted on Usenet. You are an idiot. You're some poor maladjusted boy trolling for attention, but you're also an idiot.

Look in the mirror and you're see why.

Reply to
micky