Health of posters

Page 4 of 5
On 1/15/2014 6:04 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

networks. ^_^
TDD
On 01/04/2014 08:19 PM, philo wrote:

Those are old numbers. It's probably more than 47% now.
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 7:19:08 PM UTC-6, philo  wrote:

you fuckjng retard . that web site is a reference front for lawyers who fil e SSDI to anyone with a pulse.
On 01/05/2014 08:02 AM, Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare wrote:

The 70% initial rejection number is (approx) correct...
That said, the approval numbers for people trying for a second time have been increasing.
I know the lawyers want to get their hands in this but would advise /not/ getting one the first time around.
Back 30 or 40 years ago it very well might have been easy to get disability...but having recently gone through the process I assure you that it was a very rigorous process. They needed /substantial/ documentation going back /many/ years.

Don't even TRY to reason with the moron. If you must even acknowledge the idiot, just pat it on its head and tell him what an idiot he is. He's Malformed's twin.
On 1/4/2014 4:45 PM, philo wrote:

I was turned down the first time but was unable to attend any hearings because I was so sick. My lawyer had pictures of the damage to my legs from venous stasis and explained to the hearing judge that I could barely walk at the time and was in a great deal of pain, my claim was approved. o_O
TDD
On 1/4/2014 2:35 PM, micky wrote:

TDD
On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 08:51:37 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Well, he got his Obamaphone.
They should just stay on the GOP health care plan : get sick.early and die young.
Hahahahaha.
On 01/04/2014 08:04 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

Guilty as charged!
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/10/01/mil-leaders-were-still-too-fat-to-fight.html
In its report "Too Fat to Fight," a nonpartisan coalition of 300 retired senior military leaders warns Congress that at least 27 percent of Americans ages 17 to 24 are too heavy to meet basic enlistment standards.
The group, Mission Readiness, estimates 75 percent of Americans that age are unqualified for service considering the combination of obesity, lack of a high school degree and criminal history.
And obesity, they state, is one of the biggest of the problems. Each of the estimated 212,800 Hoosier young people deemed too heavy for service would have to lose an average of 32 pounds just to be considered, according to the report.
On 1/4/2014 10:02 PM, 0ren wrote:

Some years ago, I did visit a recruiter. One of the first things the guy did was have me on a scale. He said I had to lose some number of pound before he could enlist me, and then by the end of basic training I'd have to be down to yet another weight guideline. And, yes, 32 does sound about right.
At my advanced age, there are some clerking and supply jobs I can do, but I'm not suited to front line work.
Sarge: Do you hear me, recruit! Young: What's that, Sgt. Carter? I need to change my hearing aid battery. Sarge: Load up your ruck, fill your canteens, and fall in. We're going five miles up the trail to Marchistan Village. Young: Well, don't know about that. It's mighty hot out, and I'm down to my last heart pill. And this plastic, hollow rifle sure gets heavy. Sarge: What is that you are doing with your boot, Private Young? Young: Those hard soles are rough on my feet, so I'm doubling up on foam cushion inner soles. And then I've got to get to pharmacy to resupply my heart meds, my diuretic, and my pain pills. Oh, I'll be in the latrine for a while, and don't leave without me. I'll be in for a long time. Sarge: You sure your middle name ain't Gomer?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/04/2014 09:02 PM, 0ren wrote:

Yep. I worked with a guy who was only 25 years old and 300 pounds.
He was a big guy but still 75 pounds over-weight and already having heart problems. Very sad. Plus , he is a smoker. He is not going to have a good life.

You seem very sensitive about being on disability. I'll bet you're sucking that tit too.
Zaky Waky wrote:

If a person abuses his/her body by excess eating/drinking/smoking or drugging, etc. Why do rest of us have to support them with our paid tax?

Umm, no. 68 years old and no issues. Also, no plans to retire.

Thanks for your concern, but I'm in really good shape. Good health is boring. I wouldn't expect to see posts about good health.
Bad health can be the luck of the draw or due to neglect. Either way, you have to be pretty mean to think it's deserving of ridicule.
--
Dan Espen

On 01/06/2014 10:00 AM, Dan Espen wrote:

Bad health is mostly caused by poor nutrition.
If they want excellent health, they can go here: http://www.drfuhrman.com/
I don't understand why but most people would rather eat junk food and take expensive pills until they stroke out.

Cite?

Sure a quack selling snake oil is always a good idea.

Lot's of reasons for bad health. How about running too much? A number of people here claimed their knees went for just that reason.
Just got back from the pool. A half hour of swimming is going to do me some good, but stuff happens. I could be sick tomorrow.
Meanwhile, I'm not going to go around feeling superior and make unsupported claims about "most people". I'm just lucky, so far.
--
Dan Espen

On 01/06/2014 02:36 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

Vegetables are snake oil?
Ok, I'll enjoy my vegetables and you can enjoy whatever you like.

He's selling books.

Still not crazy about veggies, but I do have a neighbor that seems to be able to cook them up really well. When I eat there, the veggies are the best part.
--
Dan Espen

On 01/06/2014 04:16 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

Yah, he's selling a few books to teach people how to restore their health. Cheaper than a typical office visit. Contrast that with other doctors that are selling expensive health-damaging prescription drugs, most that don't actually cure anyone. Personally, I'll take the veggies. They work and they don't have nasty side-effects.
Here are a couple freebies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSUfgej-CF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMjgnLh1qY