Health of posters

Page 3 of 5
On 1/26/2014 8:59 AM, Bubba wrote:

That's a real nice sentiment but where do I get the money to pay the higher price for non-factory farm produced organic food. I do have a good deal in the fact that I can get pure real olive oil from an old customer who has his own olive groves in Greece. If I get a chance, I can get to the farmers market on the far side of the city but that requires a lot of walking and unless I could get a scooter, it would be difficult for me to obtain contented vegetables who are known by name by the farmer who raised them. I go to small stores and use the shopping cart as a walker. The small grocery store that is in my neighborhood has a fair selection of vegetables but I don't know which planet they were grown on. I do buy dead animals and parts of them there but not that much. My pain level drops when I consume animal protein but I don't buy that much and when I do it's mostly dead chickens. ^_^
TDD
On 01/04/2014 12:28 PM, Slim wrote:

Exactly this!
Heart attacks, strokes, diabetes and immune system diseases are all virtually preventable yet comprise 90% of all health care costs.
And like it or not, ObamaCare is mandatory so we (read working TAXPAYERS) are going to pay for this needless waste.
Hey, speaking of taxes, it's almost April 14th. Since I have to financially support an obesecycle rider, can I claim it on my 1040?
On 1/4/2014 11:28 AM, Slim wrote:

I was able to loose a great deal of unhealthy weight by simply cutting sugared soft drinks out of my diet. As much as I love cookies, candy and ice creme, I'm going to have to avoid them. High fructose corn syrup is used to sweeten so many foods where actual cane sugar would be more healthy, not because of it being significantly different as a sweetener but because it is much more expensive and a manufacturer would use less cane sugar. The HFCS manufacturers remind me of the tobacco industry of years ago where they sponsored scientific research which was claimed to prove tobacco was good for you and perfectly healthy to use. Like tobacco, consumers really don't know what's in HFCS which has a manufacturing process that is proprietary and a closely held secret. Too much of anything including sugar is unhealthy. One very big problem is the fact that there is so much sugar hidden in processed foods. O_o
http://drhyman.com/blog/2011/05/13/5-reasons-high-fructose-corn-syrup-will-kill-you/
http://preview.tinyurl.com/d28ulk9
TDD

I can take care of a whole package of mint Oreos in an evening. Grandsons know my hiding places, so keeping them on hand is out of the question. I will live however long one does with my vices, which is more fun than worrying about every calorie I take in (calorie count, in and out, is equal). Now that pot is becoming legal, I'm wondering what will happen to the anti-smoking movement? And why does this country count on such destructive vices to raise money? Sort of oxymoronic.
On 1/4/2014 11:28 AM, Slim wrote:

So you have a problem with people who've paid into the system longer than you've been alive and those same folks who were against your Messiah Obama's plan to destroy the medical care and health insurance industry in this country. How many nyms do you have? ^_^
TDD

Destroy the health care industry? You have no clue what an absolute, wasteful pile of s--- it is. It is finally going electronic, and the newer diagnostic and procedure codes used by providers will shine a big light on the worst crooks and the providers who just sell procedures rather than care.

All caused by government meddling. Obamacare will be the final nail.

With everyone from the IRS to the game warden having access to your personal files.
On 1/26/2014 10:00 AM, Norminn wrote:

TDD

Do you think the people who approve disablity claims care what is posted on Usenet. You are an idiot. You're some poor maladjusted boy trolling for attention, but you're also an idiot.

Look in the mirror and you're see why.
On 01/04/2014 02:35 PM, micky wrote:

Truth is, the disability applications are well scrutinized and I think only about 30% go through the first time.
On 01/04/2014 05:45 PM, philo wrote:

Wrong!
60 Minutes did a piece on this a while back. There are doctors and lawyers that specialize in SSI fraud.
The Obama47 love it.
On 01/04/2014 07:00 PM, Mike Hunt-Hertz wrote:

No about 30% is all
http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/does-social-security-deny-you-the-first-time-you-apply-for-disability.html

60 Minutes is a rag. Once when I didn't control the channel, I saw them do a hatchet job on a guy who sued a newspaper for libel, and 60 Minutes pointed out firmly and more than once that the newspaper hadn't printed the false statements in the paper, but only put them in a letter.
Well "publishing libel" doesn't mean publishing in a newspaper. If it did, only newspapers or those who used newspapers could commit libel. Publishing libel in a letter that is given or sent to someone is all that's required for "publication". 60 Minutes didn't care.
You can't trust a word they say.

Philo:
We need to talk, you and me.
I am currently on the waiting list to have my left knee replaced with a stainless steel hinge.
And I have so many questions.
Will I be able to kneel and crawl with a synthetic knee?
You may have the answers I need to decide if and when I should go ahead with the surgery.
--
nestork

On 01/05/2014 01:21 AM, nestork wrote:

No, I am not able to crawl or kneel. Since a good part of my job function required that I do that,,, per my company's policy I had to take their long term disability...and per Social Security I was declared disabled.
Mt knees healed well, but the range of motion was not sufficient for kneeling. (I had a total of three additional arthroscopic procedures after my knee replacements with some improvement...but not enough for kneeling.)
Note: The results from person to person vary...but even if you were able to bend your knees far enough to kneel, it could be difficult to do so and might feel uncomfortable.
Additionally, full healing can easily take a year or longer.
Had I had a desk job however, I would have been able to go back to work within six weeks.
If you have questions you can email me
gmail addy philo565

Well, no wonder you have so much time to spend posting to AHR. Another disability mooch.

Yes, you will be able to kneel and crawl at your local welfare office. The hinges are designed to accomodate government begging.
Good luck.
On 01/05/2014 12:22 PM, Zaky Waky wrote:

/plonk/

Another recent example of what's wrong with "60 Minutes".
http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/regret-the-error/233613/the-best-and-worst-media-errors-and-corrections-in-2013/
Here's a chance for TDD to step up to the microphone.
--
.
Christopher A. Young