Health of posters

Page 2 of 5
I've heard that some people who eat that new high fructose corn syrup tend to fits of rage, and random blast of anger, and NO IVE NEVER HAD ONE OF THEM AND DONT YOU EVER REMIND ME AGAIN!!!!!!
They also tend to rambling, and forgetfulness. Wow, that's a nice song on the radio. And now for the next song, where did I put my car keys?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/28/2014 07:01 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

LOL! Reminds me of the "Twinkie Defence". Turns out it was true.
http://smile.amazon.com/Never-Be-Sick-Again-Health-ebook/dp/B004FN1SJ0
One day Raymond Francis, a chemist and a graduate of MIT, found himself in a hospital, battling for his life. The diagnosis: acute chemical hepatitis, chronic fatigue, multiple chemical sensitivities, and several autoimmune syndromes, causing him to suffer fatigue, dizziness, impaired memory, heart palpitations, diarrhea, numbness, seizures and numerous other ailments. Knowing death was imminent unless he took action, Francis decided to research solutions for his disease himself. His findings and eventual recovery led him to conclude that almost all disease can be both prevented and reversed.
In "Never Be Sick Again", Francis presents a seminal work based on these findings - a revolutionary theory of health and disease: there is only one disease (malfunctioning cells), only two causes of disease (deficiency and toxicity), and six pathways to health and disease (nutrition, toxins, psychological, physical, genetic, and medical). This remarkable book answers the questions: What is health? What is disease? Why do people get sick? How can disease be prevented? How can it be reversed? It will teach readers, in one easy lesson, an entirely new way to look at health and disease - an approach that is easy to understand, yet so powerful that they may, indeed, never have to be sick again.
Providing a basic understanding of health and disease, this book takes the mystery out of disease. It provides readers, no matter what their present physical condition, a holistic approach to living that will empower them to get well - and stay well.
http://smile.amazon.com/Never-Be-Sick-Again-Health-ebook/dp/B004FN1SJ0

Man to wife in restaurant: I just let a silent fart. Wife: You need to turn your hearing aid up.

...and get your nose checked.
my theory is that young people demand move in ready homes in pristine condition, but older people like ourselves, I will be 57 this month prefer fixing and repairing often DIY.
that may account for more folks here having health issues...
On 1/4/2014 10:33 AM, bob haller wrote:

This n.g. was once mainly for home repair discussions; now a lot of political garbage. Seems to me the need for home repair advice would not be for youngsters, but for people who own their homes. Home ownership is not something that happens the first year out of school. Then there is the acquisition of tools needed for various repairs. Those with enough experience to offer home repair advice would naturally be those who have fairly long experience, either at work or at home....so, yeah, we may be older and, very likely smarter and wiser, than the spammers who drop in to poop in Usenet.
Some of us have been using this newsgroup for a fairly long time, and have gotten acquainted enough to share things. I haven't seen anyone "bragging" about bad health....folks live long enough nowadays to encounter more serious health issues and survive them than was true not that many years ago. And some of the frequent posters are really smart when it comes to home repair, even if they are political nut cases :o)
On 1/4/2014 11:19 AM, Norminn wrote:

Aside from all that, the OP, and several others recently, are obvious trolls and should just be ignored. If ignored they might actually disappear.
On 1/4/2014 11:19 AM, Norminn wrote:

My friend LM who's at least 62-63 told me how depressed he was becoming because of the pain his worn out knees were causing him and a hopelessness was descending upon him because he's been able to physically work hard all his life and I could hear in his voice how he was sinking into depression. I told him how to beat it the same way I did. Get mad and tell the depression monster that it's not going to take you down and you'll beat that SOB. When I talked with him again, he said my advice worked. When people give up and stop fighting for their life, that's when they wither away and die. ^_^
TDD
On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 02:29:47 -0600, The Daring Dufas

I hope he saw a doctor as a lot of things can be done. I recently had steroid shots in the knees and it made a huge difference, even if it is only good for about 6 months.
On 1/26/2014 10:04 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

He has been to an orthopedist but I'm not sure what the outcome of that was but I know he got some elastic supports and he told me seemed to help a bit but with the weather bouncing around he's almost in as much pain as I'm in. The important thing is, he learned how to beat a real killer that causes health problems to get much worse. o_O
TDD

Hi Dufey,
I'm confused. In some of your posts you mention being "disabled" (on SSDI) and in other posts you mention how you are still "pulling comm cables", presumably for pay. How do you get SSDI while getting paid to work and paying the IRS? (You do declare the income right?)
The reason I ask is that I would also like to get disability while working.
On 1/27/2014 6:58 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

I don't get paid, I help my roommate with his business so I can get out of the house and not die from inactivity. I may actually get out in the field one or two days a month but I can do paperwork, order materials, watch for bids online and plan jobs. JH can't operate the network cable verifier which tests the frequency response of Cat-X network cables and will produce a printout of the test results. When I go out and help JH, it may take me a couple of weeks to recover from the outing and my hospice nurse would scold me for exerting myself. I can't climb ladders anymore or crawl around under things without paying a high price for the activity. I've been on SSDI for less than a year and I spent over a month total in the hospital last year. I could go out in the field and supervise an able bodied person who can climb and crawl plus I could instruct them in the proper way to do the job but I'll have to do it from a chair or something to support me like my walker. When I was in my 50's I could climb like a monkey, now I just look like one. I don't live to work, I work to live. I can teach a sober person who has less than a genius level IQ to do a lot of different things if they're willing to work at it. ^_^
TDD

Ok, thanks. Glad to see that you are getting on and that your typing skils seem fully functional. Hang in there.
On 1/4/2014 7:04 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

If you were running for office you'd want those votes. Besides you're wasting ur time worrying about it, as long as Ben and soon Yellen can keep selling gov't debt it's going to be someone Else's problem someday, we'll deal with it then, plan A, B, C, D... Worrying about the past and future to much only messes up today. Next election I expect more minutes on my Obama phone, and I'd better get them if Sen. Foghorn wants my vote.
On 01/04/2014 08:04 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

Yes, most people have eaten themselves sick. Virtually *all* disease is caused by poor diet.
If people ate fresh organic non-GMO vegetables instead of slabs of animal fat/sugar/flour from Blubber King, they would not suffer all these illnesses.
But people would rather eat a McFatassBurger, McManBoob Fries, 32 oz Diet Coke and wash down their blood pressure/cholesterol pills with a 6-pack of beer.
While I personally don't care that most people look like a crippled-over egg with legs, I do object to paying *their* extraordinary ObamaCare tab.
On 1/4/2014 11:28 AM, Slim wrote:

I eat whatever I want. I'm 59 and in a lot better heath than most, but, I ride a bike daily for about 40 min, plus I have a pretty strenuous job.
I think most Americans are pretty lazy when it comes to exercise and the Usenet population is aging. A bad combination. I sort of agree with the OP. We should all get off of our asses and do something strenuous on a regular basis for *at least* 20 min a day. A lot of these health problems would magically go away. YMMV.
Coping with disabilities, http://www.memecenter.com/fun/1060349/dafuq-did-i-just-see
On 1/4/2014 12:00 PM, Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

"goin' to Wal~mart"
On 1/4/2014 11:49 AM, gonjah wrote:

In the late 1980's I was working out in The Marshall Islands and the mode of transportation I used was a bicycle. The island I was on was 3 miles by a half mile so it was no big deal to hop on my bike and go anywhere on the island. I was in the best health and shape in my life when I lived there and wish I'd been able to stay. I'd probably have skin cancer due to sun exposure but I wouldn't have any heart problems. ^_^
TDD

Stop eating GMO-laced junk food and start eating unprocessed organic food and your cardiovascular problems will go away.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldwell_Esselstyn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forks_Over_Knives
Or you can continue masking your heart problems with expensive pharmaceuticals. Your choice. Your life.