HDTV antennas & complaints

Page 4 of 4

Depends on how good your signal is. I took a standard 15 yr old antenna off a mobile home they were moving, put it up on our Park Model and connected to our new LCD TV in Tucson AZ. I get 14 local HD channels and the picture is great except when there are local storms.

No reason why not
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 03:18:40 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

individual boxes IIRC. Your monthly service will vary, but I'm pretty sure you can get a basic 200 channel deal with no premium channels for around $30/month. If you're only earning $60/month, you will have trouble mounting a dish to a cardboard box or shopping cart. You must have a slick WiFi setup, hanging out at Starbucks. But seriously... its not THAT expensive.

use your existing TV with either a cable box converter or a satellite receiver, and the unit will convert the new digital TV signal into a less sharp analog signal.

able to buy an antenna specifically designed to pick up the new signals. IF you buy a HDTV, only then will you be faced with the dilemma of whether to try and capture OTA HD signals with a HD-designed antenna, or if you spring for the monthly satellite or cable service. Comcast basic cable currently costs about $9.00/month. You'd have to assume when there is no analog signal to broadcast and all they can send is digital and digital HD... pricing might go up a skoosh, but if they try to rip everyone off... yeah, congress will get involved because free TV is like air and votes... both are needed.

of the FCC, but its a done deal and has been delayed for about 5 years already.

James... I assume this post was a joke but I figured I'd go along with it.
It's easy to replace a regular TV with a HD TV. If you watch TV at all, the improvement is well worth the cost. I have a plasma TV, but no cable. I have a power HD antennae in the attic that works great. Sometimes the reception is not too good when there are storms so I switch over to a regular broadcast which usually eliminates cut-outs. Or, I watch a DVD. Cable cost would exceed the plasma TV cost in 3 years or less. With an antennae you will need to do some experimentation. I bought 5 HD power antennas, kept the best one, and returned the others. I found that antenna cost has little to do with quality, at least for the ones under $50. That's progress: It's time to trash the rabbit ears.