HD Plastic Electric Tie-Wraps

Page 2 of 2
Smitty Two wrote:

That would seem to be the case. HD now carries their house brand "Commercial Electric" cable ties and they appear to not be nylon. Lowe's still carries name brand nylon cable ties the last time I looked.
"Bob" wrote in message
Hi,
Bought a package of those electrical plastic tie-wraps at HD. The kind they sell, mainly, for wrapping around a cable bundle to hold them together.
But, they are useful for a zillion other purposes, too.
Tried to wrap them around a fence post to hold some reflective markers on.
They fractured immediately.
Guess the plastic they use can't take to cold. But it should; only about 20 deg F out there, which really isn't all that bad.
Anyone else ever experience this ?
Bob
I'm in Canada and I use Gardner-Bender "Military" grade 7" ties. They are pricey but long lasting. Use them for Xmas lights all around my fencing and around my 2 storey home and trees. Last in the heat and the cold.