HD Plastic Electric Tie-Wraps

On 12/21/2010 4:08 PM The Daring Dufas spake thus:

That's the water fountain, that delivers water to the dampener ("form") rollers that wet the plate (ackshooly, not just water, but mostly water plus other stuff in what's called "fountain solution").

OK. That's waterless offset. I actually don't know how it works (magic?); the plate somehow repels ink from the non-image areas without water. (Water in offset printing is kind of a pain in the ass, leading to scumming, press sheets that don't lie flat and other problems.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

That's it, the guys who ran the presses had to screw around with the water and said it was a real pain. The cooling unit I built cooled the area around the plate and an ultrasonic humidifier added an adjustable level of moisture to the air stream. It's been sitting in storage ever since my friend died which was some years ago. I suppose I could re-purpose it for something like keeping flowers fresh. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas