Having trouble lighting a second propane gas fireplace for 2 reasons

Page 2 of 2
mike wrote:

It seems odd - but - with the flame roaring, I slowly closed the main gas line three, four, and five turns - and it didn't seem to make a bit of difference in the flame.
Until you guys started talking about lowering the main control, I had figured it's really an on/off valve - but I will need to do some more experimenting to see if I can actually regulate the gas flow from the main gas valve or not.
With respect to the PILOT flow, I suspect you're wholly correct in that the flow to the pilot will happen the moment I crack open the main valve and it won't change if I open the main valve all the way or not.
Jim wrote:

Is it just me or does the explosion at the end of that video clip make you wonder if that gas fireplace is adjusted correctly?

There should be more direct propane to the pilot from the main burner. Looks like it's covered up. Need to push some of the mica or whatever off near pilot.
I keep wondering, I guess the regulator is outside, and there is only one regulator ? Regulators have to be outside cause they can leak. If this device is for propane, I would check pressure.
Greg