Having an Alzheimers Moment

Which end of the hammer is used to pound in a nail? The end with the wooden stick thingie, or the part that fits in my hand better because its made out of rubber?
Only those of you who are *NOT* in the middle of an alzheimers moment please reply!
In the meantime, while I await your replies, I got to get back to trying to figure out which end of this toilet to shit in, and whether the toilet paper unrolls from the left or the right !!!
Life is too complicated!