Have you had to replace your fuel pump?

Not in any of the 6 local municipalities I am familiar with. No more than 4 or 5 minutes of idling - with you in the car or not.

Reply to
clare

How did it get from neutral to park?

Irrelevant.

Reply to
krw

Yeah, but that's different. As far as I know those anti-polution laws apply even if you're sitting behind the wheel. Is that right?

Reply to
Vic Smith

How often does a car sit idling in a lot, while millions sit halted in traffic.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I guess police cars are exempt. News vehicles, fire, etc. Large trucks often let their engines run at truck stops, roadways.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Yes.

Reply to
clare

Several of the bylaws stipulate no idling within so many feet or meters of a building entrance.

Reply to
clare

Illegal now in many places - most of California included. And in some areas all municipal vehicles are specifically INCLUDED in the prohibition.

Reply to
clare

I usually read everything I get my hands on when I have to sit and wait somewhere like a doctor's office. I was at a truck stop one day waiting for something or other and I picked up a trucker's magazine which had an article about states and municipalities passing laws prohibiting trucks being left idling. The enforcers were going after trucks that were waiting to be unloaded in various shipping areas like shipyards. The solution is APU's for trucks which are not considered illegal to run. The drivers were leaving their trucks idling to keep them warm/cool inside the cab/sleeper depending on the weather and to run their computers and entertainment gear, etc. A lot of truckers are installing auxiliary power units in their trucks to keep from running afoul of the law. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hi, I always install remote starter myself when I get neew car. I get after market one for the particular vehicle and it is usually a one afternoon job. It is not a luxury item living in a cold winter zone.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Don't think I would ever install one again myself. I did it about 15 years ago. Not fun, but appreciated having it greatly. Until 1 1/2 years ago, having manual windows is all I had except or auto start. Now, my truck has everything, except the heated washer fluid does not work.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

e:

rote:

s older and the

NOt all cars have that system...in fact numerically speaking very few cars do. The laws I refer to were written long before the days of such nice options. I'll have to see if the Spokane news stations still publicise it.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

e:

ets older and the

The law in Spokane was written well before "green" came up. And when the stations puplicise it they specifcally state it is an anti-theft measure.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

did you somehow miss the "unattended" part?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K