Have you ever used this funky style 2" PVC sliding pipe connection

Page 4 of 4
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 07:21:48 -0400, John Grabowski wrote:

I found out later that you are correct. It's known as a 2-piece "expansion coupling" or "telescopic coupling".
Lowes sells them as: CARLON 2-in Schedule 40 PVC Coupling Item #: 72268 | Model #: E945J-CAR
Apparently they're useful to "compensate for length changes due to temperature variations".
In my case, there were no length changes over time; so it was overkill.

*The Carlon model is for electrical conduit only and is used for PVC electrical conduit that is subjected to temperature variations because PVC expands and contracts as the temperature changes.
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:00:57 -0400, John Grabowski wrote:

Ooops. My mistake.
I had googled for expansion couplings and I had not realized those that I had found at Lowes (for half the price that I had had paid for mine) were for electrical connectors. Thanks for pointing that out.
That also explains the low price (about $8), which alone should have clued me in as mine was almost double that price.
So one of the cons of these 2" PVC (fluid) expansion couplings is cost.