Have you ever used this funky style 2" PVC sliding pipe connection

Hi Oren, No, I didn't draw it; but it shows pretty much what Trader was trying to explain to me in words.

The part that I couldn't understand was how the coupling could slide over the pipe completely; but I didn't know about the lack of the center ridge.

Reply to
Danny D.

You would think someone would make some oversize PVC fittings of the common type so that you could use them for dry fitting purposes. If I was doing this work enough where they are really needed, I'd figure out how to ream out some regular ones.

The vast majority of the time, you don't need to fit stuff up that close. But the few times you do, being able to dry fit easily would be a big plus.

Another tip. If you do partially dry fit stuff up and need to keep the assembly angle the same, you can put a piece of black tape across the joint. Then before taking it apart to glue up, cut the tape with a razor at the joint. Then you glue it up and use the tape to get the angle back to where it was.

Reply to
trader4

That's a nice idea. I could have used it when I had angled the motor so that it would be out of the way, yet, the outflow pipe wasn't directly over the basket.

Reply to
Danny D.