Have you ever taken apart this Moen faucet...

http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/productcatalog/product_information.cfm?coresku 7908&skuRefno 7908&option_1_WHOLE_FAUCET 7908
My mother has one like it, possibly this same model. Hers is circa 1995 though. The handle is very loose so that it moves a good ways before you can feel the valve engage. I only had about 10 min. today to spend on it and did not get it figured out.
If anyone has the same faucet could you tell me how you take it apart? So far I've uscrewed the silver part at the base (above sink) and loosened a plastic piece underneath that. That's getting technical I know. All I really want to do is tighten that handle up. Do I need to get underneath the sink for this? It has a big copper cylinder looking thing that I could probably get off, but don't want to if I don't have to. Thanks very much.
Also, if you have the same one, does your handle get loose also? I'm wondering if I should just replace it.

http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/productcatalog/product_information.cfm?coresku 7908&skuRefno 7908&option_1_WHOLE_FAUCET 7908

I see that on the exploded parts view there is a screw behind the 'moen' buttn label so I think that may get me going. Guess I should have looked closer at my own link :/

http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/productcatalog/product_information.cfm?coresku 7908&skuRefno 7908&option_1_WHOLE_FAUCET 7908

If you don't figure it out, call Moen. They're quite helpful, based on my past experience. Matter of fact, if it turns out you need a part, they'll probably send it to you for free. Considering the price of gasoline these days, even a tiny screw is worth three bucks, unless you live real close to the store.
Send an email to Moen with info on when it was purchased and you will get a response. One time they just sent me a replacement FREE.
I will buy only Moen products (unless my wife will not let me LOL)