Have you ever dealt with a clogged Whirlpool Duet Sport washing machine inlet-roof sieve?

The wife's Whirlpool Duet Sport washing machine is dribbling:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7508/15863931218_9c3a1ee5c5.jpg
The result of the clogged holes is that the detergent stays caked in the dispenser, instead of disolving into the wash:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7541/15865625807_383317e38a_b.jpg
It isn't the easily removable part of the dispenser, as those holes are not clogged:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8646/15863931518_a4379ea511_b.jpg
I think it's the upside down holes in the washing machine itself:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8633/15864099410_f3aaf4e26e_b.jpg
I'm just curious if you have had this problem yourself?
Danny D. wrote, on Thu, 18 Dec 2014 18:45:37 +0000:

Actually, I stuck a piece of wire in all those upside down holes, while the Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine was running, but (a) they weren't clogged, and (b) it didn't make any difference.
I called Whirlpool at 800-253-1301x3x3x2 but they didn't know how the thing works. They suggested an appliance repair shop instead since it's something like 5 or 10 years old or so.
I went to the web site for more detailed troubleshooting manuals, https://www.whirlpool.com/manuals/
I typed in the model (WFW8410SW), and found the Use & Care Guide: https://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Use%20and%20Care%20Guide%20-%20W10235940.pdf
Looking at the parts list, page 5 seems to have the associated pieces: https://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Repair%20Part%20List%20-%20W10238202.pdf
The dispenser itself seems to be part #17 on page 5 (Detergent Drawer); and the water apparently comes down from above, probably from part #12 on page 5 (Dispenser).
I suspect the problem is that water is not spraying down from the top but I don't know what makes that water spray down (nor if it ever sprayed down, since I had never noticed until the wife asked why it wasn't working).
Any ideas?
On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 21:50:24 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."

Does that mean there is no more Whirlpool Cool Line?
According to google, the number to call fo for COOL-LINE@ service is -800-253-1301 . Oops, that's the same numbe. Maybe I guess it's not as good as it used to be.

Ad mittedly it was 35 years ago, but then they didn't care how old hte machine was and t hey had r eal repairmen (and one woman) giving advice. And they never said to me, This is beyond you. You have to call a repairman. (the problem was no agitation and the cause was rusted agitator bearings, and when I couldn't get something in he center post apart, the shaft out of the basket iirc, he said neither could a repairman. )
http://www.appliancemagazine.com/editorial.php?article 8

Until you get this fixed, she can just pour the soap in the basket. Actually I either put the soap in when it's empty and then I stir it up by moving the agitator, or if there are clothes in it already, I hold the measuring spoon under the water as it comes in, to make it less concentrated and spread it around in some water. I think those are the two reasons they came up with soap dispensers in the first place.

micky wrote, on Thu, 18 Dec 2014 22:02:51 -0500:

That will work.

It's a side loader, so, the door has to be closed when the water is running.
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 03:11:52 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."

Maybe you can bypass the door switch?
micky wrote, on Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:58:11 -0500:

The current plan is to figure out how the inlet works, and, if it's clogged, then what's 'clogging' the inlet & where.
Meanwhile, it works to put liquid or powder *in* the wash, the old-style way, which is easy enough to do *before* we close the door and start it up. :)
So, getting soap onto the clothes isn't the problem at all (although bleach would be problematic).
The problem is simply knowing how it's *supposed* to work, and why it's not working that way currently.
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 23:08:14 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."

I wish I could help.