Have you ever dealt with a clogged Whirlpool Duet Sport washing machine inlet-roof sieve?

The wife's Whirlpool Duet Sport washing machine is dribbling:

The result of the clogged holes is that the detergent stays caked in the dispenser, instead of disolving into the wash:

It isn't the easily removable part of the dispenser, as those holes are not clogged:

I think it's the upside down holes in the washing machine itself:

I'm just curious if you have had this problem yourself?

Reply to
Danny D.

Danny D. wrote, on Thu, 18 Dec 2014 18:45:37 +0000:

Actually, I stuck a piece of wire in all those upside down holes, while the Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine was running, but (a) they weren't clogged, and (b) it didn't make any difference.

I called Whirlpool at 800-253-1301x3x3x2 but they didn't know how the thing works. They suggested an appliance repair shop instead since it's something like 5 or 10 years old or so.

I went to the web site for more detailed troubleshooting manuals,

I typed in the model (WFW8410SW), and found the Use & Care Guide:

Looking at the parts list, page 5 seems to have the associated pieces:

The dispenser itself seems to be part #17 on page 5 (Detergent Drawer); and the water apparently comes down from above, probably from part #12 on page 5 (Dispenser).

I suspect the problem is that water is not spraying down from the top but I don't know what makes that water spray down (nor if it ever sprayed down, since I had never noticed until the wife asked why it wasn't working).

Any ideas?

Reply to
Danny D.

Does that mean there is no more Whirlpool Cool Line?

According to google, the number to call fo for COOL-LINE@ service is

-800-253-1301 . Oops, that's the same numbe. Maybe I guess it's not as good as it used to be.

Ad mittedly it was 35 years ago, but then they didn't care how old hte machine was and t hey had r eal repairmen (and one woman) giving advice. And they never said to me, This is beyond you. You have to call a repairman. (the problem was no agitation and the cause was rusted agitator bearings, and when I couldn't get something in he center post apart, the shaft out of the basket iirc, he said neither could a repairman. )

Until you get this fixed, she can just pour the soap in the basket. Actually I either put the soap in when it's empty and then I stir it up by moving the agitator, or if there are clothes in it already, I hold the measuring spoon under the water as it comes in, to make it less concentrated and spread it around in some water. I think those are the two reasons they came up with soap dispensers in the first place.

Reply to
micky

micky wrote, on Thu, 18 Dec 2014 22:02:51 -0500:

That will work.

It's a side loader, so, the door has to be closed when the water is running.

Reply to
Danny D.

Maybe you can bypass the door switch?

Reply to
micky

micky wrote, on Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:58:11 -0500:

The current plan is to figure out how the inlet works, and, if it's clogged, then what's 'clogging' the inlet & where.

Meanwhile, it works to put liquid or powder *in* the wash, the old-style way, which is easy enough to do *before* we close the door and start it up. :)

So, getting soap onto the clothes isn't the problem at all (although bleach would be problematic).

The problem is simply knowing how it's *supposed* to work, and why it's not working that way currently.

Reply to
Danny D.

I wish I could help.

Reply to