Have I blown a fuse, or what?

I was using a Skil saw and managed to saw through the extension cord, too.
After repairing the cord, I couldn't get power to the saw. The extension cord was plugged into a 'weatherproof' outlet on the outside wall of the house. I then tried a drill motor in that outlet and it was definitely 'dead'. 2 outlets inside the garage were also 'dead' but a 3rd one (a GFCI outlet) was working, so I finishing my sawing.
I then went to the breaker box but couldn't find a 'tripped' breaker so, one by one, I turned each breaker off and on but still had no power to my 'dead' outlets.
If someone has a suggestion as to what I might have screwed up here, I would really appreciate it.
TIA.
Lewis.
*****

The outside outlet was likely fed from a GFCI outlet elsewhere in the house, which was also feeding the other dead outlets. Look in bathrooms, garage, basement and other outside outlet locations for the offending GFCI outlet and reset it. If there are none, I would suspect that the GFCI in the garage is defective
That outside outlet should have been on a GFIC. You need to find which one and reset it. It need not be outside. It may have been on in the garage or it may be in a bath or kitchen or in the basement. I also could be a breaker that just does not look like it was tripped.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

In addition to investigating GFCI outlets, it's possible the current surge fried one of the outlets in the chain.
Those outlets with push-in connections just can't handle a current surge very well and melt their internal contacts. When all else fails, start removing outlets - it will be obvious which one is at fault.
Come to think on it, you might be able to minimize your search by merely sniffing the outlet. The one whose innards are slag should have a distinctive odor.
sounds like you got another GFCI popped somewhere.

Thanks to all for the support here.
I'll check out these ideas when I get home this evening.
Kind regards.
Lewis.
*****