Have a question regarding moving a washer machine or dryer

Hi Everyone. Here is my dilema. Just recently bought a house which has hookups for both washer and dryer. I hooked both up and was on my way. The issue now is that the washer and sink is on the left side of the basement walk out door connected to the main water drain and the dryer is on the right side. This was all fine until now when I decided to start finishing the basement. I would like these two appliances in the same location so I can partition a laundry area. Preferably I would like to move the washer/sink to the right side of the door with the dryer. Is that possible? Would I need to used a sump pump to move the water up and over the door frame?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.. Im stumped.
Thanks! Brian
blauter78 wrote:

I betcha it's going to be easier to re-locate the washer than the sink.
The washer water is connected by hoses, you simply get longer hoses. Also, the washer has a drain pump that may very well be powerful enough to pump through an extended hose to the drain. All it costs to find out is the cost of the hoses. Try it and see.
Report back.
I see what your saying. I can definetly give that a try, I was a little nervous about going up 8 ft then over 10 feet and then back down. Say the pump isnt powerful enough, do you think the water flowing back to the washer could pose a threat?
Thanks for the input.

I would be reluctant to do that too. Why not run the drain hose along the floor with a wooden build-up over it that can stepped on or over?
I can give it a try. Although I may not like having the buildup in the doorway, if it works, I will have to live with it.
Thanks
Jim-Poncin wrote:

One thing to keep in mind - some washing machine instructions say that the drain hose has to hook over something at least as high as the tub of the washer. I'm not sure why, but one washer I used stopped working when I tried to just set the drain hose on the floor next to the drain - once I hooked the hose up and into the laundry sink, it worked fine. Possibly to prevent siphoning back into the tub? So maybe after you run the drain hose along the ground, it could then hook up into the sink or wherever the drain was before. Good luck and report back on what works. Andy

Maybe water will just keep running out since there is no "hill" to get over.

I think you can pretty much count on the need for the hose to ulimately rise up about 3' to a drain standpipe or sink for this to work right.

So you are considering either (1) moving both a sink and a washing machine hookup or (2) moving a dryer? Option (2) is much easier.
Cheers, Wayne