hat with light

Just want all to know I found a 9 volt led ball hat that makes any job easier as my hands are free to work and I do not have to worry about a flashlight. This hat is extremely bright and I bought it for $19.95 from customsunglassesetc.com I have used it in the attic, power outages and while working on my electrical panel. Great idea, great light! It comes with 3 batteries. The batteries can be bought at any dollar store, three for one dollar. -------------------------------------
?

You got screwed big time. It is a rip off to charge that much. I got mine for half that. Send it back and get your money back.

You got ripped off.
I bought a few head strap lights from Harbor Freight for $5 and these little suckers are awesome. They last long, are very bright and also require 3 AAA batteries.
http://www.harborfreight.com/five-led-magnetic-head-lamp-93549.html
SBH wrote:

Yeah, but you look like miner when you got out to eat. My cap ($9.95 at HD on Black Friday) makes me look like only a redneck with a gimme cap.
Come to think on it, wanna trade?
On 2/16/2011 6:32 PM, SBH wrote:

I know a hunter that took the free HF light and duct taped it to his hat. Can't get any cheaper than that ;)

I just bought three Brinkman 5 LED headlights (not caps with lights) for $15. THREE of them. I'm not really sure of how far it shines. <g> Oh, mine has two strengths, and a blinker for either safety or to confuse the bullfrog you're trying to catch. Maybe I should have saved up and gotten one of those really good ones. WITH a hat.
Steve
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:06:55 -0500, Frank

They don't say because the lights are so bright that you would have a hard time believing that they can sell a $3 hat with $5 lights for $20.

Not as hard to believe as ppl falling for the scam that led lights are as bright or brighter than incandescents, and ppl being stupid enough to pay $100+ for the ruse.
To paraphrase ol' Barnum, the turnip truck will never lack for riders.
nb

I went and bought some Brinkman 5 LED headstrap lights the other day, a three pack. The choice is mindboggling. At least, they state the lumens ratings, which makes it a little easier to get an idea of the performance. Two weeks ago, I had never heard of a lumen.
Steve
On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 18:58:53 -0800, "Steve B"

Then you will probably be interested to know that a lumen is:
a unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions

wrote Re Re: hat with light:

I'm sure that's on there somewhere, but I just cut to the chase and look for the lumen number, and that simplifies it for me. The bigger the number, the more light it puts out. I figured that out and didn't even have to ask the cute little salesgirl. But now, I'll memorize the definition, and go in and shop some more, and when I ask about "lumen", I will have something to dazzle her. Maybe she's turned on by smart old farts who talk in words she doesn't understand. Some women like it when you talk like that. Or talk in other ways, too.................... <g>
Steve
Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Download the book $10 http://cabgbypasssurgery.com
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 08:44:04 -0800, "Steve B"

That's all you need to know.

Most stores have headsrap led lights, I got one at HD thats 90 lumen.