Has everyone given-up on GG?

aemeijers wrote in news:vPGdnUBAfeWVFpPTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

This part of the thread makes a good point.

My wife works for a bank. In the interests of security, they've locked down just about everything on all employees' machines, including the ability to change the desktop wallpaper. Installing programs is totally out of the question. Port 80 is open, but any sites even remotely having to do with messaging (Hotmail, Yahoo,) are blocked, as are any streaming sites and just about everything else, it seems. Webmail needs to be specifically enabled, and few are deemed qualified to receive it. My wife has never tried to use Google Groups, so I don't know if they allow that.

Reply to
Tegger

Grammar police intervention: "Given-up" with a hyphen is a compound noun. You want "given up", no hyphen, which is a verb with a preposition.

Incorrect use of hyphens is one of the most frequent grammar sins.

Now go and sin no more

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Do they pretend that it is? Did Dejanews pretend too?

Reply to
micky