harwood floor installation

I'm finally going to replace the linoleum in my kitchen with hardwoods to match the rest of the downstairs. Should I remove all of the cabinets and the island when I do this or install around them? My gut says to remove and reinstall... what a PITA!

Reply to
Jo

Remove the cabinets. You will be happier in the long run, especially if you make any changes to the configuration of you cabinets.

Reply to
Nicky

Cabinets go in before the hardwood. Leave them there. Only real gotcha is the dishwasher and maybe the oven and refrig. Hardwood goes under the latter

2 and I would put it under former if there was enuf clearance according to dishwasher manufacter's specs for under cabinet use.

Reply to
Art