Hardwood to Tile Threshold

Page 2 of 2
On 4/11/2014 3:18 PM, BenignBodger wrote:

Solution is almost in hand. I went to Lowe's today and did some searching and found a transition strip that will, after a couple of passes through the planer and having one edge ripped square, fill the bill. It will have a bit of an abrupt rise at the leading edge so, if it looks like too much, a couple of passes with a hand plane to taper it more should do the job. I realize now that I should have just dug through my scrap bin for a suitable piece of oak and made it from scratch but if I'm dumb enough to do a similar project again I'll know in advance. You live and learn if you're paying attention...