Hardwood over concrete

I see that there are a few posts regarding hardwood floors and concrete but I see nothing about if it is actually a good idea or not. I have two rooms in my house that has had the carpeting removed. The floor consists of a concrete slab that rests on the ground, IOW no basement. Is it a bad thing to install a hardwood floor on these slabs. I'm thinking about moisture primairly. I taped a square piece of plastic to the slab for a few days and didn't see any condensation but.....

I installed ~1200 sq ft of wood flooring over the concrete slab in my last home. I used heavy plastic, then the pad and away it went. Use a level/straight edge at least 6 feet long on the floor before starting to find any valleys or high spots. (I did not)
I sealed the floor with poly urethane when I was done.
I liked the feel of the floor when I was done. I did not like the wear my dogs were doing next to the doggie door. I was terrified that there would be a leak in the kitchen. Even with the air cleaners the floor was constantly needing a wipe down. You could see the fine dirt everywhere when the light hit it. I live in Phoenix, not exactly dust free and then there are the dogs.
Becareful of any high humidity situations. The floor acts like a sponge at least mine did.
Tile or marble for me from now on.

It is not advised. OTOH, engineered wood is commonly used. www.mannington.com is a good choice as well as others. You put down a barrier specifically for slab on or below grade, the float the floor.