Hardwood ( lyptus ? ) flooring over cement approx 125 sq ft recommendations ?

I wish to install about 125 sq ft of good quality hardwood flooring over the present cement slab, in the dining room. The dining room is carpeted to match the rest of the house, but is separate and sunken relative to the rest of the house. It is about 13.5 - 14 by 8.5 -9 (there are some ins and outs in the custom shape)

I have just hung up after holding for a long while waiting on the phone with the hardware warehouse store.

I note that lyptus seems to be well thought of by some floor professionals. We would want a good quality and not a plywood laminate.

I invite comments and feedback re costs of that size of a room and the desirableness of the use of lyptus, etc.

And opinions on the workability of doing the job oneself.

Thanks,

Reply to
Barry