Hardwood Flooring Question

We are thinking of installing hardwood flooring in part of our home. What are the pros and cons of going with prefinished flooring versus raw flooring and finishing after installation?

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

Raw flooring requires a messy sanding at the end, plus, of course, the finishing. You get a flatter and smoother floor, and have some flexibility in how it is finished. Prefinished is obviously less labor and the factory finish is tough. The grooves between strips are an annoyance, and refinishing would reqire quite deep sanding to eliminate the grooves. Cost per square foot is comparable.

Reply to
donald girod